The Student Room Group

Prescribed sertraline for premature ejaculation, but already suffer from low libido

Doc just prescribed me sertraline (SSRI) to prolong the good stuff however I'm slightly worried as my libido is already pretty pathetic, and I struggle to get an erection with partners as is (fine in my own time)... Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm sort of hoping that perhaps the anxiety that is no doubt in my mind (I've suffered from this since my sex life began) will be done away by this SSRI, which perhaps is the route cause?
Additionally does anyone have any experience with sex therapy? That was another option, though I do sort of doubt the capabilities of such a thing..

Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Doc just prescribed me sertraline (SSRI) to prolong the good stuff however I'm slightly worried as my libido is already pretty pathetic, and I struggle to get an erection with partners as is (fine in my own time)... Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm sort of hoping that perhaps the anxiety that is no doubt in my mind (I've suffered from this since my sex life began) will be done away by this SSRI, which perhaps is the route cause?
Additionally does anyone have any experience with sex therapy? That was another option, though I do sort of doubt the capabilities of such a thing..

Cheers

Sex therapy is a good idea. Find one that is highly recommended. Anxiety kills sexual satisfaction. Also see your Gp. They may have something to say about your hormone levels and general diet and health which could also impact on your problems. Also try exercise at the gym and learn some relaxation techniques.Also if you choose good partners they may help you with some of your physical insecurities so try to choose partners well! Meanwhile, stop putting yourself down- talk and think positively about yourself. retrain your mind!

Quick Reply

Latest