The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I would wait and reapply for year 12. Start at a new school. Use this time as repentance to reflect on what you have done and how you'll behave differently. You may find a reference from a sport's coach or volunteer leader etc if you can't get one from school.
Reply 2
(Original post by Deggs_14)I would wait and reapply for year 12. Start at a new school. Use this time as repentance to reflect on what you have done and how you'll behave differently. You may find a reference from a sport's coach or volunteer leader etc if you can't get one from school.

Would that work?
Because I've not been accepted due to my current references and i'm worried in August no schools will accept me either.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
(Original post by Deggs_14)I would wait and reapply for year 12. Start at a new school. Use this time as repentance to reflect on what you have done and how you'll behave differently. You may find a reference from a sport's coach or volunteer leader etc if you can't get one from school.

Would that work?
Because I've not been accepted due to my current references and i'm worried in August no schools will accept me either.

There would be some schools that would accept you, maybe not prestigious private schools though. For context, I go to a non-selective private school and 3 people joined in year 12 who were repeating year 12, one due to an expulsion. You might want to look at colleges near year you instead if sixth form is realistically not going to work out for you. Your best bet I'd say is to start a new job or some voluntary work. I visit my local foodbank every week and help serve soup and make parcels for needy families on a Wednesday afternoon. Voluntary work is a great way to show to new schools about your humanity and forgiveness to what you have done wrong.
Reply 4
Original post by Deggs_14
There would be some schools that would accept you, maybe ncaot prestigious private schools though. For context, I go to a non-selective private school and 3 people joined in year 12 who were repeating year 12, one due to an expulsion. You might want to look at colleges near year you instead if sixth form is realistically not going to work out for you. Your best bet I'd say is to start a new job or some voluntary work. I visit my local foodbank every week and help serve soup and make parcels for needy families on a Wednesday afternoon. Voluntary work is a great way to show to new schools about your humanity and forgiveness to what you have done wrong.

can you please give me the names of those schools?
Reply 5
can you please give me the names of those schools?

That seems to be irrelevant though as I probably won't live anywhere near you. How well did you do in your GCSEs for example? Most colleges require 5 GCSES 9-4.
Reply 6
Original post by Deggs_14
That seems to be irrelevant though as I probably won't live anywhere near you. How well did you do in your GCSEs for example? Most colleges require 5 GCSES 9-4.

I'm looking for a boarding place
I achieved 6A*s and 4As
Reply 7
I'm looking for a boarding place
I achieved 6A*s and 4As

You could try Royal Russell School in South London, or Reddam House school in Berkshire. Some people from year 11 went there.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #1
I was expelled from a top private school a month ago. I did a lot of things.
It's difficult for me to find a new school, as my references are quite bad. What can I do?
I'm in year 12 - and I want to finish of the year. Should I self-study at home and do exams independently or join a new school for year 12 in September.
I applied to very many schools most are full or wont accept me,.

I got the same situation with you…. Also got expelled from a top private school(I got expelled before Christmas) How did you managed to get over it …..
Original post by Iamtangent
I got the same situation with you…. Also got expelled from a top private school(I got expelled before Christmas) How did you managed to get over it …..

Your parents spend a lot of time and energy schlepping you around the Head teachers of the middle ranking schools that need to recruit rather than select and hope that someone needs your fees. It could be tricky if the reason for your expulsion was drugs related. Then you go to the local state school.

Latest

Trending

Trending