The Student Room Group

CeMap 1

Hi,

I am in the process of starting to study for my CeMap qualification. (waiting for my study material to arrive!)

I have just had a quick look at a couple of mock papers online and I am now terrified... surely I can’t be the only who has looked at the mock papers before studying and not had a clue what the questions meant, never mind the answers?

I am thinking of trying to study a lot for a shorter period and doing the exam ASAP rather than drag it out through 8 months as I know I will put off studying!! I am thinking I will book the cemap 1 exam for three minutes this after receiving my material. Does this sound do-able?! Study for 2 hours 5 days a week?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lauren13467
Hi,

I am in the process of starting to study for my CeMap qualification. (waiting for my study material to arrive!)

I have just had a quick look at a couple of mock papers online and I am now terrified... surely I can’t be the only who has looked at the mock papers before studying and not had a clue what the questions meant, never mind the answers?

I am thinking of trying to study a lot for a shorter period and doing the exam ASAP rather than drag it out through 8 months as I know I will put off studying!! I am thinking I will book the cemap 1 exam for three minutes this after receiving my material. Does this sound do-able?! Study for 2 hours 5 days a week?

Thanks

You should go at your own pace.
You dont have to book the exam till you are ready as long as its within 1 year of buying the course. If having a fixed date will motivate you, then do that but personally I wouldnt sit till I was ready. there is a limited option to rebook.

Yes it sounds doable. Maybe spend a few weeks with the material to see how you find it first?
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I just know once I start studying I won’t sleep and I’ll be stressed until it is passed so Im trying to prepare for that!

Have you done CeMap? If so how did it find it?
Reply 3
test
Reply 4
Hi, How are you finding it? Im really struggling, i purchased some material about 4 months ago and struggling to get my head into it. thought about walking away but too strong willed!!!!

Can you recommend any good books? I read reviews on a couple but they seem dated, the material ive got is all online based and i think if i had a book it maybe easier to find time...

Good luck with yours!!
Reply 5
I'm struggling too. I've decided to set a study plan, and not feel embarrassed about taking a while week or two to get round 1 topic. Ive also been googling some things that are confusing me to get different perspectives and definitions Just be careful of out of date material. I've found that .gov has helped me massively!I'm going to book my test once I've got to topic 10 - for 4 months in the future to give me enough time but also ensure that I am still keeping it up! Good luck!!
I just did CeMap 1 and found the material a piece of P***. I did the lecture for 500 quid and paid 147 for the exam. I think the week course is really useful, good value and a good investment.

Funny thing is, I thought it was so easy I didn't even bother revising for exam... Turned up and failed!!!!! (34 unit 1 and 33 unit 2. You need 35 on each to pass).

The material is easy as I say. But the questions are written to flummox a little bit and you have to use your knowledge to think laterally a bit.

Retook it today (Monday. Another £147 down the swanny), revised Saturday (4 hours) and Sunday (12 hours) and got 40 on both units. It's one of those exams that anyone of average intelligence should pass, but I know a few people of such standard who needed 2 goes (including myself).

One other tip I'd give you... Don't just read the book. It's too much information. Take the mock exams, and create your own glossary with one sentence definitions. I needed only 6 sides of A4 for section 2 and 6 for section 1. That's easy to rote learn. Then it's all about applying it to different scenarios and using a bit of deduction in the exam itself when applying it. Good luck!

(btw my lecturer gave me three mock exams and in the answer section he didn't just tell me the answer he explained in easily understandable sentences as to why the other 3 plausible answers were incorrect. This was incredibly useful and if you set up a temporary email address I'll happily send them over. I haven't done a good deed for a while).
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi! Your answer was exactly how I felt yesterday when I failed...I spent 6month on studiying a book...so upset. Is there any chance you can send me these mock exams?if yes thanks a lot in advance!
Reply 8
Hi, please could you email me these too as I am struggling. Thank you!
Reply 9
Hi Tooshlang, Could you send me those mock exams as well please? Much appreciated in advance.
Original post by Tooshlang
I just did CeMap 1 and found the material a piece of P***. I did the lecture for 500 quid and paid 147 for the exam. I think the week course is really useful, good value and a good investment.Funny thing is, I thought it was so easy I didn't even bother revising for exam... Turned up and failed!!!!! (34 unit 1 and 33 unit 2. You need 35 on each to pass). The material is easy as I say. But the questions are written to flummox a little bit and you have to use your knowledge to think laterally a bit. Retook it today (Monday. Another £147 down the swanny), revised Saturday (4 hours) and Sunday (12 hours) and got 40 on both units. It's one of those exams that anyone of average intelligence should pass, but I know a few people of such standard who needed 2 goes (including myself).One other tip I'd give you... Don't just read the book. It's too much information. Take the mock exams, and create your own glossary with one sentence definitions. I needed only 6 sides of A4 for section 2 and 6 for section 1. That's easy to rote learn. Then it's all about applying it to different scenarios and using a bit of deduction in the exam itself when applying it. Good luck! (btw my lecturer gave me three mock exams and in the answer section he didn't just tell me the answer he explained in easily understandable sentences as to why the other 3 plausible answers were incorrect. This was incredibly useful and if you set up a temporary email address I'll happily send them over. I haven't done a good deed for a while).
Hi could you send me the mock papers too?
Reply 11
Hi is there any chance you would send me the mock exams please.... I have my cemap booked for couple weeks time 😬 thanks
If anyone has any mock exams I can have it would be much appreciated?
I just did CeMap 1 and found the material a piece of P***. I did the lecture for 500 quid and paid 147 for the exam. I think the week course is really useful, good value and a good investment.

Funny thing is, I thought it was so easy I didn't even bother revising for exam... Turned up and failed!!!!! (34 unit 1 and 33 unit 2. You need 35 on each to pass).

The material is easy as I say. But the questions are written to flummox a little bit and you have to use your knowledge to think laterally a bit.

Retook it today (Monday. Another £147 down the swanny), revised Saturday (4 hours) and Sunday (12 hours) and got 40 on both units. It's one of those exams that anyone of average intelligence should pass, but I know a few people of such standard who needed 2 goes (including myself).

One other tip I'd give you... Don't just read the book. It's too much information. Take the mock exams, and create your own glossary with one sentence definitions. I needed only 6 sides of A4 for section 2 and 6 for section 1. That's easy to rote learn. Then it's all about applying it to different scenarios and using a bit of deduction in the exam itself when applying it. Good luck!

(btw my lecturer gave me three mock exams and in the answer section he didn't just tell me the answer he explained in easily understandable sentences as to why the other 3 plausible answers were incorrect. This was incredibly useful and if you set up a temporary email address I'll happily send them over. I haven't done a good deed for a while).

Hi, where did you get your material and do your lectures? I've got mine from the LIBF?

Could please send me the past papers/mocks?

Does anyone know if it's worth paying £115 for the LIBF Cemap Revision Tool (CRT)?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of studying the CeMap while working full-time just doing home study. I have a few questions about everyones experiences with providers, also I don't expect it to be easy but how hard was it to get into and how long did it take everyone to complete CeMap 1?

Hi Tooshlang,

I have started my revision a few months ago and it is going nowhere. Can you also send me a copy of the mock exam paper, please? As I am also struggling with the textbook.

Thanks
Could you also send me a copy of The mock exam paper Please ?
Hi I am also struggling and would appreciate if you can send me the detail as well please. Thanks in advance
Hi would you mind sending this over to me?
Original post by roisinmcgrath
Hi would you mind sending this over to me?

hi, i would do it with LIBf as the first unit counts towards Dipfa.

Latest

Trending

Trending