The Student Room Group

biology degree? pointless

Thinking about doing a biology degree but not sure about how employable it would make me? I'd probably just get an unrelated job after graduating. Does it make you more or less employable to do something like physiological science, cancer biology and immunology, biochemistry with medical biochemistry etc.? Something which is more specific rather than straight biology. Also considering Natural Sciences (not at Cambs) but it seems very hard. Could someone please shed some light on this?

In terms of biology I am interested in it- but more the medicine side/ human body. I actually have an offer to study medicine but i don't know whether to take it because I don't know if I have what it takes to be a doctor/ have all those years of studying.

I don't know what to do please help.
Original post by pleasereplylol
Thinking about doing a biology degree but not sure about how employable it would make me? I'd probably just get an unrelated job after graduating. Does it make you more or less employable to do something like physiological science, cancer biology and immunology, biochemistry with medical biochemistry etc.? Something which is more specific rather than straight biology. Also considering Natural Sciences (not at Cambs) but it seems very hard. Could someone please shed some light on this?

In terms of biology I am interested in it- but more the medicine side/ human body. I actually have an offer to study medicine but i don't know whether to take it because I don't know if I have what it takes to be a doctor/ have all those years of studying.

I don't know what to do please help.

If you don't plan to stay in the field it makes no difference. If you plan to stay in the field pick a degree that interests you but remember that you will need postgrad study.
Original post by alleycat393
If you don't plan to stay in the field it makes no difference. If you plan to stay in the field pick a degree that interests you but remember that you will need postgrad study.

how easy or difficult is it to go into a different field of work with a biology degree though? maybe like finance or something I really don't know
Original post by pleasereplylol
how easy or difficult is it to go into a different field of work with a biology degree though? maybe like finance or something I really don't know

Depends on what sorts of skills and qualifications you need in that field. You’ll need relevant experience as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending