The Student Room Group

How to stay concentrated

So, I don’t do any work since I am a very lazy person. I only do work when the deadline is really close and the fear kicks in. Even then the work is usually average or just bad. This is a bad ha it I want to get rid of.
It’s especially bad since this habit is creeping into every aspect of my life. I don’t get out of bed in the morning to go to school since I tell myself it’s not a big deal if I miss form and I don’t have lessons in the morning (even though I have to be in school)
Even during exams I just sit there not writing anything telling myself I’ll start if half and hour (got a U in psychology since I left everything blank)
I write pretty much no notes in class.
And the fear of deadlines is going now to the point I don’t even do hw and just come up with excuses or just take the detention.
My ALevels are in a few months and I need to change this. Somehow I did well in AS barely revising and not writing notes the whole year (got AAC). But I see through mocks that I’m doing terribly.

I have my history coursework due in tomorrow. And it is a mess of plagiarism, fake information and just badly written. I did this because we had deadlines for parts of it and since I didn’t do it, a rushed effort led to rubbish work.
Now a final draft is due in tomorrow and I need to fix it.
I need to spend the night fixing it so I can send it tomorrow. Yet I already know I have no motivation. It needs to be done and needs to be good. What can I do?

Taking away distractions won’t help. This is because the only distractive this is my phone and I need it for my sources for the coursework. I have no computer or laptop so I need it.
Also I hate working when my family are in the room so I have to wait till night and their asleep to do it.

I basically just need to fix up my life. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Reply 1
Find a system of rewarding yourself
Reply 2
Original post by KVJ
Find a system of rewarding yourself

The only reward I can think of is a tasty snack.
But I already consume far too much sugar and don’t want anymore.
Reply 3
Original post by Rhodesian
The only reward I can think of is a tasty snack.
But I already consume far too much sugar and don’t want anymore.

Think of something else you like to do, eg a way you normally "procrastinate", a hobby etc, and allow yourself some time to chill and do that after doing some work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending