The Student Room Group

Is it right that concert tickets cost so much

Scroll to see replies

Because with wealth comes responsibility.
Youre not a mod, what is it to you?
It allows rationing.
Original post by chelseagirl2002
It allows rationing.

So concerts are just for the wealthy.
Reply 84
Original post by Anonymous
I wasnt targeting him in particular, it was just an example.

Okay well I think your point has been disproven, theres probably only 2 or 3 billionaire musicians and I'm sure the money made touring really does nothing for their wallet. I've not heard of any artists charging face value tickets for the prices you've said. you seem to be unable to find it too, you're either looking at secondary sale tickets or meant to say £100 instead of £500.
Reply 85
But the thing is they dont even charge much... Face value tickets are very very reasonable
Reply 86
Because with wealth comes responsibility.

They don’t have a responsibility to charge nothing for their tickets. Nobody has that responsibility.

If you can’t afford to pay what they ask then don’t buy it, simple. There is no point complaining on here and fuelling the argument because you think it isn’t fair. Life isn’t supposed to be fair, if you can’t handle that then you should try and get help or you will forever face problems.
Original post by Bio 7
They don’t have a responsibility to charge nothing for their tickets. Nobody has that responsibility.

If you can’t afford to pay what they ask then don’t buy it, simple. There is no point complaining on here and fuelling the argument because you think it isn’t fair. Life isn’t supposed to be fair, if you can’t handle that then you should try and get help or you will forever face problems.

Its suposed to be a debate. You cant tell me to shut uo just because you dont like the topic.
Get a life.
Reply 89
Its suposed to be a debate. You cant tell me to shut uo just because you dont like the topic.

But it isn’t a debate. It’s you moaning about something being unfair when it actually isn’t a problem.

Also your attitude to others on here, which has been pointed out to you before.
What do you want to do? Make it free of charge?
Original post by Bio 7
But it isn’t a debate. It’s you moaning about something being unfair when it actually isn’t a problem.

Also your attitude to others on here, which has been pointed out to you before.

If life is unfair as you said then the issue is with society not with me for pointing it out.
Original post by Andrew97
What do you want to do? Make it free of charge?

Id settle for cheaper.
Ticket price has to cover a lot of things like the venue, staff, security, flights/hotel for the performer and their entourage.

Once you have covered your operating costs the Record label takes a nice chunk, agents take a nice chunk, government taxes a nice chunk. When all is said and done, not much of it actually goes to the performer.

(Concert tickets for popular performers also very price inelastic, but that is getting into an economics debate)
Reply 94
Id settle for cheaper.

Many tickets are very reasonably priced. It really depends on who you want to see. I’ve never paid anything like the prices you mention for face value tickets. The only ones I’ve seen at those prices are VIP packages or rip off prices on reseller sites (which I’d never buy from). We go a few gigs a month & the highest prices I’ve paid are for stadium tours, no where near the prices you mentioned.
Reply 95
If life is unfair as you said then the issue is with society not with me for pointing it out.

No, it is with you. Life can’t be fair, that’s the very nature of other people existing with their own lives and different goals.

Id settle for cheaper.

Well what you’d settle for doesn’t matter to the people deciding the price, they just won’t sell them you you.
Reply 96
i think you have to remember nowadays artists earn very little from their actual music, and make up for it with concerts and merch. £500 is a lot, i cant think of a single person charging that much for a standard ticket

i think vip and upgrades etc being a lot is okay too since it allows the artist to earn a living and keep charging normal prices from people who cant afford the high costs. people who can afford it can choose to buy it!

also - a concert ticket is a luxury, no artist owes you the chance to see them live
Reply 97
**** off.

leave the arguement or otherwise you are making the anonymous option have a bad reputation
Original post by KimNoel
leave the arguement or otherwise you are making the anonymous option have a bad reputation

I wasnt talking to you.
Reply 99
I wasnt talking to you.

but we are all telling u the same thing that because you are posting anonymous your argument isn't there like us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending