The Student Room Group

No one likes me

I don’t even have a valentine. I have like only 2 proper friends, everyone else doesn’t like me. Life sucks

Scroll to see replies

Well you’re in luck because you don’t need people to like you, you don’t need a valentine, it’s a made up day to enhance sales.
male or female
lmao what's a valentine
If u didn’t mention valentine I already forgot about it
No worries mate I don’t even have friends so u t lucky as the guy above said
Well yeah true life sucks, but it’s your job to make it less sucky I guess. You don’t really need people to like you. Love yourself that’s key
Reply 7
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Well you’re in luck because you don’t need people to like you, you don’t need a valentine, it’s a made up day to enhance sales.

Actually it isn't a made up day. Valentine was a martyr in the early Church, he was beheaded in the late third century for his faith. 14 February has been his feast-day since 496.
Original post by Tootles
Actually it isn't a made up day. Valentine was a martyr in the early Church, he was beheaded in the late third century for his faith. 14 February has been his feast-day since 496.

And that has what to do with buying chocolate and roses and unnecessary gifts for your loved one?
And that has what to do with buying chocolate and roses and unnecessary gifts for your loved one?

my exact thought :lol:
dw op you're in the same spot as me. i think i have really good friends online and stuff, in-real like 1 :lol:

you gotta have faith in yourself sometimes

Where did I say it did have anything to do with it? I was replying to your claim that it's "a made up day" - the day, not the way it's celebrated now.
Reply 12

Blame Chaucer. Though he didn't really care about the retail industry.
That alright. But if you want friends then you should work out why you don't have many friends. It might be a confidence issue or something?
First off, there ain't nothing wrong with not having a valentine. I don't have one either. Oh well, who cares. Secondly, that's two more friends than me, and guess what...Life's great!

Wanna know the secret as to how I'm happy?

One word. PERCEPTION.

External things like having a valentine or having more friends won't make you happy. It may increase that happiness a small bit, but it won't be fulfilling. True happiness comes from within. Look at everything in a positive light! Change the way you think and react to people and situations. Live in the now. Do what makes you happy. Then be f*cking free my friend.
Original post by Tootles
Where did I say it did have anything to do with it? I was replying to your claim that it's "a made up day" - the day, not the way it's celebrated now.

It’s a day where people celebrate with their loved one, it’s made up, the actual occasion, if it’s not celebrated for its actual purpose it is made up.
Original post by Tootles

Woow that’s actually really interesting. But I don’t get the love aspect of Valentine’s Day? Where does that come from.
Original post by Sxbrxna
Woow that’s actually really interesting. But I don’t get the love aspect of Valentine’s Day? Where does that come from.

He performed Christian weddings (which were illegal at the time) in secret, and it was that that eventually led to his arrest.
Original post by Tootles
He performed Christian weddings (which were illegal at the time) in secret, and it was that that eventually led to his arrest.

Oh wow that’s cool I’m going to look into it. It’s actually really cool
Original post by Sxbrxna
Oh wow that’s cool I’m going to look into it. It’s actually really cool

There isn't much more written about him, there's a lot of conjecture. How come you're interested? Not many people are

Quick Reply

Latest