The Student Room Group

Its too late

My school keeps saying that we have 10 weeks left, and you've just started revision you will fail in August, and this is causing pressure and stress for me as I haven't covered not one subject properly except history. I feel so underprepared
Reply 1
its never too late!!

start now, and focus on revising effectively (spend some time looking up study technique!! its not a waste of time)

dont listen to your school, theyre always putting so much pressure on students. you just need to focus on you and maximise the time you have left. which is a lot of time!! more than enough to cover all your subjects
its not.
keep going, youll be fine, trust me.
Original post by thelukemanster
my school keeps saying that we have 10 weeks left, and you've just started revision you will fail in august, and this is causing pressure and stress for me as i haven't covered not one subject properly except history. I feel so underprepared

you can dooo itttt!
Reply 4
You have ten weeks so if you begin to revise now you will at least pass which means you'll be fine for sixth form or whatever you want to do. If you look at it in days it's longer. Put more revision time into subjects you need like Math and English and whatever subject you're interested in. If you get a good grade (a pass) in both you can pretty much have every option open to you since it's just a basic requirement. Don't worry, it's not too late until the exam starts so put your energy into revision.
They're being ridiculous. Most people don't start intense revision until Easter time.

Start doing bits of revision now and you'll be absolutely fine.
Reply 6
Better late then never! But seriously it's not too late, teachers just keep putting this uneccesary immense pressure on us but really I'd rather they just leave us alone and let us work at our own speed. You'll be fine!!
Original post by MinaBee
They're being ridiculous. Most people don't start intense revision until Easter time.

Start doing bits of revision now and you'll be absolutely fine.

alright thanks for responding means a lot!

In mocks I got mainly 5's and 6's and a 4 in math and 9 history do you think I could get 8s and 9's if I work extremely hard or it's too far from my grades?
Original post by TheLukeManster
alright thanks for responding means a lot!

In mocks I got mainly 5's and 6's and a 4 in math and 9 history do you think I could get 8s and 9's if I work extremely hard or it's too far from my grades?

It's definitely possible as long as you put a lot of effort in. Make sure you look through your mock papers to see what your biggest slip-ups were.

Good luck!
Original post by TheLukeManster
My school keeps saying that we have 10 weeks left, and you've just started revision you will fail in August, and this is causing pressure and stress for me as I haven't covered not one subject properly except history. I feel so underprepared

Ok, so I can kinda relate. I had a similar thing happen to me when I was doing my GCSE's and since I already finished them I do have some experience. First of all, it's never too late to start. 10 weeks is more than enough. The sooner you start the better cuz you will have a lot to cover. Try to focus on things you struggled with before you go onto the stuff you're good at.

This worked out fine for me. I failed all my media studies tests but got a B at the exam. I mostly got B's and I did start less than a month before my exams so you will be ok :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest