The Student Room Group

Imperial Materials Science Applicants 2019

Hi guys, most courses have their threads and discussions and I thought it would be good for us to discuss offers, interview tips and strategies and all the other Materials Science at Imperial related stuff. I've applied for the MEng program myself and I'm still awaiting feedback from them. Has anyone received offers or interviews so far?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm still waiting for any sort of reply from them as well!
Reply 2
Hi allhas anyone heard from IC yet?
Reply 3
Original post by physics314
anyone had any offers from Imperial Materials?

No, I'm still waiting. If you don't mind, can you please tell me your predicted grades? I'm actually retaking A-levels this year, last year I attained A* in Maths, A in Physics, B in FM and B in Chemistry. My old school gave me predictions of A* in FM and A in Chemistry...
However, I'm not sure whether these are enough to get an offer from IC.
I heard back last week. I have an offer for BSc A*AA
Original post by physics314
thanks, when did you have the interview?

7th November
Reply 6
Hey.. I'm in bit of a predicament here :
I have to put down my fitfth choice and I'm thinking of applying for Materials Engineering at Imperial. ive already applied to Imperial for mechanical engineering and just wanted to apply for materials since the entry requirements and applications per place are lower just to boost my chances of getting in to Imperial.
However I REALLY HATE chemistry since studying the A level. I think it is because Chemistry wont be relevant for me if a pursue mechanical engineering but I think if I needed it to understand materials I could be interested in it. It's a massive gamble so is it worth the chance?
the deadline is 15th January on UCAS
I don't suggest that. I think you should look at other unis for Mechanical Engineering. Imperial will probably only consider one application so you're just wasting your spaces. Plus it'll reject you with a personal statement based on Mechanical Engineering because Imperial is quite a competitive university to get into, even for Materials Science and Engineering.
is there anyone with an offer yet?
Reply 9
It's really stressful when waiting for offers..
I'm applying Msc Materials Science, and i submit UCAS in December, but now, nearly two months past, i still haven't receive any message from Imperial.
So, has anyone receive interview?

Does Msc and Bsc have interview at the same time?
bro i submitted in Oct and still waiting
u submit dec dont complain alr
Reply 11
Hi guys! Just got my MEng offer last Friday! A*AA (A* in maths, A in physics and A in chemistry) good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by jwmelon
Hi guys! Just got my MEng offer last Friday! A*AA (A* in maths, A in physics and A in chemistry) good luck to everyone! :smile:

congrats! are u local or intl
Reply 13
Original post by jwmelon

Did you have interview? When?
Hi guys I just got MEng offer this morning. Im international from Singapore and my offer is unconditional since i already attained AAA in H2 Physics Chem and Math. Besides I also got A for GP. Singapore alvls is typically harder than the uk version and the top grade is A without a A* grade.
Reply 15
Original post by ethan_hasitall
congrats! are u local or intl

Congrats to you too! I'm international, from Malaysia!
Reply 16
Original post by Surioo
Did you have interview? When?

I had no interview :smile:
Original post by jwmelon
Congrats to you too! I'm international, from Malaysia!

naise im from sg
Reply 18
Original post by ethan_hasitall
naise im from sg

Ahh hello there neighbour! Hope to see you in ICL in September! :smile:
Original post by jwmelon
Ahh hello there neighbour! Hope to see you in ICL in September! :smile:

i tot its oct?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending