The Student Room Group

What are the worst airports?

Currently in Berlin Tegel. This airport is terrible. Other bad ones are Sharm el Sheikh and Paris Beauvais.

What are the worst in your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

I was in Tegel last week, it was incredibly boring with a 4 hour wait but it was very quiet. No queuing or barging through crowds. I also really like Southend.
Luton and Leeds Bradford are both fairly horrible.
Any airport in the UK. It's so lovely getting interrogated at passport control after coming back from a holiday, not!
Even the Turkish passport control seems much friendlier than the UK
Original post by harryg135
Any airport in the UK. It's so lovely getting interrogated at passport control after coming back from a holiday, not!
Even the Turkish passport control seems much friendlier than the UK

I only ever get interrogated in the UK. I suppose it's nice to know that the border is strict and they're doing their job properly.
Original post by Aaron702
I only ever get interrogated in the UK. I suppose it's nice to know that the border is strict and they're doing their job properly.

Same here. But surely a British passport means you don't need to interrogate?
Original post by harryg135
Same here. But surely a British passport means you don't need to interrogate?

No.
Malaga.
When i went on a cruise in 2017, we flew out to Malaga airport (and flew back from there on our way home).
It was a right **** set up.
Grantley Adams Airport, Barbados. Basically a shed with p*ss-poor air conditioning considering the climate.
Reply 9
Lukla Airport, Nepal is also terrible. This is the main airport that you'd take if you were going to be visiting Mount Everest.
Been through Stansted twice in the last three months, once first thing in the morning, the other in the evening, on both occasions security was a ball ache. First time one of the guards put his hand in my trouser waistband and seemed shocked that I flinched, second time I had to wait ten minutes for a manual liquid scan.

Then there’s the walk through duty free area which causes bottlenecks, and the prices at Spoons are going through the roof. At least there is a Spoons I suppose.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride
Been through Stansted twice in the last three months, once first thing in the morning, the other in the evening, on both occasions security was a ball ache. First time one of the guards put his hand in my trouser waistband and seemed shocked that I flinched, second time I had to wait ten minutes for a manual liquid scan.

Then there’s the walk through duty free area which causes bottlenecks, and the prices at Spoons are going through the roof. At least there is a Spoons I suppose.

when I was 12 a guy from border control put his hand on my shorts waistband and when I flinched he said ''we don't molest children here'' :lolwut:
I rather dislike Las Vegas McCarran. When my flight arrives in the evening they have barely any people at border control meaning it takes ages to get through. You'd think if they had so many flights coming in later in the day then they'd have the staff to be there. I once waited over an hour in the queue.
Pretty much any British airport. Always wait ages for bags, the seats are often designed so you can't lie flat on them, hugely expensive, no wifi, very few plugs. Just all around awful.
Original post by Emma:-)
Malaga.
When i went on a cruise in 2017, we flew out to Malaga airport (and flew back from there on our way home).
It was a right **** set up.

Whaaaat no it's so cute :colondollar:
Edinburgh! Sorry all my Scottish babes....it was just so hot, stuffy and crowded. Not for me on a hot summers day thank you very much! :smile:
Original post by DaQuestioner
Whaaaat no it's so cute :colondollar:

Whats so cute?
Original post by Emma:-)
Whats so cute?

The airport :h:
Original post by DaQuestioner
The airport :h:

Its not.
It was a right pain in the arse when i went.
Well, last summer, I took a transfer flight to get back to London. The transfer flight stopped in Ethiopia where I had to get on a different plane to get back to UK and holy crap, that airport was terrible- It was almost the size of a school sports hall and it was dirty, disorganised and the toilets were all clogged with you-probably-know-what. So yeah, I'd advise you to not go to Addis Ababa Airport, Ethiopia :/

Quick Reply

Latest