The Student Room Group

Anyone got any useful car accessories to share?

Looking at putting some things in my car to make my driving experience more easy and enjoyable.

Anyone got any that they use to share?

Cheers

Cole
Reply 1
Original post by MrCole&Co
Looking at putting some things in my car to make my driving experience more easy and enjoyable.

Cheers

Cole

A louder exhaust? :laugh:
Reply 2
A motorbike.
12V to USB adapter, dashcam, microfibre clothes, quick detailer, first aid kit. If you have an older car maybe look into an Apple CarPlay/Android Auto unit.
I got one of those silicone squeegee things for wiping condensation off the inside windows, and rain off the outside windows. Greatly speeds up preparing your car on a cold morning without waiting for the demisters to clear the windscreen.
Original post by IWMTom

Actually funny you say that, put the exhaust on the weekend, got pulled over after literally about 30-45 minutes.

All i had to do was call my legal representation and the police drove off because they knew that i wasnt just a kid with no knowledge on the law, plus my dashcams have the call and the encounter on record
Reply 6
Actually funny you say that, put the exhaust on the weekend, got pulled over after literally about 30-45 minutes.

All i had to do was call my legal representation and the police drove off because they knew that i wasnt just a kid with no knowledge on the law, plus my dashcams have the call and the encounter on record

Today on Things That Didn't Happen... @Doonesbury @RoyalSheepy @nevershear
Hey you shold upload the dashcam footage so we can all learn from your experience :smile:
Reply 8

Cheers

Cole

12 volt/ cigarette lighter multisocket

You were told you would be pulled over.
This won't be the last either.
The cigarette lighter multisocket thing is good, I've got one which also has USB ports in it also.

I've also got one of these pouch things that tuck between the side of your center console and your chair. They catch crumbs but also you could put stuff in it like your phone etc or food. Think they are just referred to as 'car seat catchers'.
Original post by Laminae
The cigarette lighter multisocket thing is good, I've got one which also has USB ports in it also.

I've also got one of these pouch things that tuck between the side of your center console and your chair. They catch crumbs but also you could put stuff in it like your phone etc or food. Think they are just referred to as 'car seat catchers'.

Yeah, thank you ! Appreciate the help.

I think I am going to defo grab the splitter thing, I've found one where you plug it in but you can stick the box anywhere you want so ill prob put on the side of the radio so just above the pedals if you get what I mean.

Then I think ill grab some LED lights to just make the interior look abit more cool, grab some blind spot mirrors, grab one of these small and simple magnetic phone holders that attach to a vent, then grab a Bluetooth FM transmitter as my car does not have the fancy Bluetooth support yet.

Many thanks :smile:
Yeah, thank you ! Appreciate the help.

I think I am going to defo grab the splitter thing, I've found one where you plug it in but you can stick the box anywhere you want so ill prob put on the side of the radio so just above the pedals if you get what I mean.

Then I think ill grab some LED lights to just make the interior look abit more cool, grab some blind spot mirrors, grab one of these small and simple magnetic phone holders that attach to a vent, then grab a Bluetooth FM transmitter as my car does not have the fancy Bluetooth support yet.

Many thanks :smile:

Get some LED indicators. I recommend you get some Autobeam 581's.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Get some LED indicators. I recommend you get some Autobeam 581's.

Just to add to this, if you change any of your exterior bulbs PLEASE make sure they're adjusted correctly so you don't blind everyone.
Defo will be investing into a good dashcam, 100% worth the money. Could save me a lot more in the long run.
Reply 15
Defo will be investing into a good dashcam, 100% worth the money. Could save me a lot more in the long run.

I thought you already had a dashcam?

plus my dashcams have the call and the encounter on record

:confused:
Original post by IWMTom
I thought you already had a dashcam?

:confused:

You tried and failed Thomas, i said a good dashcam, i never said "a dashcam"

I have one but it is awful, the microphone barely picks up any sound and it is giving me errors with my SD card.

nice try though
Original post by IWMTom

Small pp
Reply 18
Original post by Student1191
Small pp

It's an inside joke, pal.

Quick Reply

Latest