The Student Room Group

Study Medicine in Europe

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WonderWatson
Where are you planning on applying to? I don‘ give heard people say once you get started at Plovdiv you realise after a while its too small of a city and there’s not much to do etc So now I’m just confused

Well, I’m not too concerned with the city itself, I’m more concerned with the quality of learning medicine.
Reply 61
Anyone applying to Sofia medical university?? (I’m applying from Ireland)
Wow, reading all these posts there are clearly a lot of agents on here 😂 Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia..... seriously guys

If you want to find a university that will meet your expectations then first consider the world rankings.

This is why I am only applying to Czech Republic and aiming for Charles First Faculty.
Reply 65
I was applying last year to Plovdiv with SME because my parents had friends whose children studied in Europe mainly Hungary and Ukraine but I used Eunicas and found Bulgaria and it’s very good. But due to a whole lot of things I just stopped applying to both Bulgaria and other countries and went into college here but I wasn’t happy with my decision to quit. Romania was one of mine last year, Carol Davila, but my Mom’s friends daughter is in Sofia now so at least I’ll know someone there
Do any Bulgarian/Romanian universities. allow grad entry med, e.g transfer into year 2/3?
Reply 67
SME is really expensive I can’t remember what they charged me but it wasn’t sensible to pay that and then everything else. But they’re open days are good. The fees are out of my range too but a bank agreed to help me get a student loan. I’m using interhecs cause they have me a discount coming from Ireland and they’re really helpful cause I work and go to college full time and I’ll be away for a month in the summer so they will do everything for me once I send in documents so I’ll just have to focus on the exam and then when I get accepted I’ll look for accommodation etc
Reply 68
Original post by Steven1234#
Do any Bulgarian/Romanian universities. allow grad entry med, e.g transfer into year 2/3?

Maybe contact the school your looking at or any agencies to see if it’s possible 😊
I've contacted some of them but their responses have been quite vague. Does anyone here have any experiece with grad entry in Eastern Europe?
That would be perfect
Will definitely try them!
Original post by Steven1234#
Will definitely try them!

Awesome. Goodluck man!
Original post by Ayan Khan
Well, I’m not too concerned with the city itself, I’m more concerned with the quality of learning medicine.

Have you looked into any other uni’s?
Original post by WonderWatson
Have you looked into any other uni’s?

I’ve looked at Sofia, Plovdiv and that’s about it. Romania require a levels so that’s out of reach for me
Unless you're looking at Cluj (which is great), I'd really advise against Romania.

Source: I lived in Romania, experienced the medical system there and have friends studying there
Why exactly can you not study in the UK? Cause you'd get a loan
Original post by arigziegler
Why exactly can you not study in the UK? Cause you'd get a loan

I'm not from the UK, I'm in Ireland.
Original post by FatWalrice99
I'm not from the UK, I'm in Ireland.

That doesn't matter. You can get a Tuition fee loan as long as you're from an EU country, which Ireland is.
Original post by FatWalrice99
My family are just really into sending me there as many of their friend's children also studied medicine there. And they said it was alright. I'm also considering Cluj right now just cause everyone is saying it's pretty good. There's a chance I could do medicine somewhere else or perhaps in Ireland but right now pretty much Cluj or Bucharest is looking like options really.

Take Cluj if you can because it's miles better than Bucharest but Romania as a whole is a pretty corrupt and misogynous country so good luck with that. Stuff is pretty cheap there though so there's a perk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending