The Student Room Group

Hijab?

Yo should I take it off ?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So you want to take off your hijab because you’ve haven’t been wearing it properly :eyeball:
Reply 2
Yes
It is your life, live it how you want.
Reply 4
What’s the isoc?
Original post by Ntt44
Yes

Do what you want, just make sure it’s for the right reasons.
Reply 6
I started wearing it in year 9 because that was when high school started for me and I felt as though it would have been easier to wear it at the school change.
Reply 7
Only you can decide this. Don’t let people sway you either way
Nope. It's like with salaah/prayer/namaaz, even if you do not pray for the right reasons but instead pray because of the people around you etc you shouldn't forego it. It's a ploy from shaytaan that if you aren't doing it sincerely you think you should stop it altogether. Same with hijab, don't fall for this trap that I wasn't wearing it for the right reasons so should just take it off.
We are told that when we make dua (prayer asking for something) to Allah/God, we should shed tears and if this is not possible we should make a face as though we are crying even if we are not able to and don't feel it. The pretense of trying though we don't feel it is still reward worthy, is seen as effort according to your Lord.
Reply 9
What’s isoc?
Reply 10
Thank you
Reply 11
I do take this into consideration, however I have other feeling of If I don’t take it off now, what if I take it off too late the future unexpectedly. I feel that I’d rather take it off now as a break and come back to it in a few months or year. However, would this still be like a pointless thing to do?
Reply 12
Original post by Ntt44
I do take this into consideration, however I have other feeling of If I don’t take it off now, what if I take it off too late the future unexpectedly. I feel that I’d rather take it off now as a break and come back to it in a few months or year. However, would this still be like a pointless thing to do?

Also do you think talking it off would be a major sin ?
Original post by Ntt44

IMO you're falling prey to the way of commoners and not thinking through the process. It seems like it will be extra doubly hard because then have to find the correct reason to wear it, want to wear it for the correct reason and then re-wear it.
Whereas currently all you need to do is want to wear it for the correct reason.
Reply 14
I think it's better to wear your hijab incorrectly than not at all. It's good that you've recognised that you haven't been wearing it properly but now you need to decide whether you want to act upon your mistakes. If you choose to improve yourself and rectify your mistakes then you've overcome one of the tests of this dunya. However, if you wish to not act upon your mistakes and just continue wearing you're hijab incorrectly I personally still believe it's better than no hijab. But whatever you do choose, it is between you and Allah (SWT) and only he knows what's best.
Reply 15
Original post by SoulfulTwist
IMO you're falling prey to the way of commoners and not thinking through the process. It seems like it will be extra doubly hard because then have to find the correct reason to wear it, want to wear it for the correct reason and then re-wear it.
Whereas currently all you need to do is want to wear it for the

Do you think it be a major sin to take it off?
What is it ?
Reply 17
Original post by Stuart 12345
What is it ?

What is what ?
[QUOTE="Ntt44;81889382"]
Original post by SoulfulTwist
Whereas currently all you need to do is want to wear it for the

Do you think it be a major sin to take it off?

IMO, you should do what you like. Religion is a personal journey that you take. You shouldn’t be forced or coerced into doing things because someone told you so. Your relationship is between you and God, no one else. If you feel like you’re doing something for the wrong reason, stop and re-evaluate. Don’t keep doing it because then it’s gonna haunt and confuse you even more
Reply 19
Original post by n_2002
I think it's better to wear your hijab incorrectly than not at all. It's good that you've recognised that you haven't been wearing it properly but now you need to decide whether you want to act upon your mistakes. If you choose to improve yourself and rectify your mistakes then you've overcome one of the tests of this dunya. However, if you wish to not act upon your mistakes and just continue wearing you're hijab incorrectly I personally still believe it's better than no hijab. But whatever you do choose, it is between you and Allah (SWT) and only he knows what's best.

Thank you for the advice and I do understand all of this. However, I still don’t understand why but I just want to take it off. I don’t know why and it sounds really bad. I’ve found it more like a burden to put it on and I regret feeling like this. Would it be so wrong to take it of for a while?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending