The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aimware
teacher told me my higher english essay to right wing to to accepted and that the sqa markers would not mark it because of that. annoying that the sqa is infected with libtards smh. i attached my essay if you want to read it to see it's not too controversial.

Are you going to complain and insist its submitted anyway? Courage of your convictions?
Original post by aimware
teacher told me my higher english essay to right wing to to accepted and that the sqa markers would not mark it because of that. annoying that the sqa is infected with libtards smh. i attached my essay if you want to read it to see it's not too controversial.

Can’t see it. Broken link
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Are you going to complain and insist its submitted anyway? Courage of your convictions?

no i have to think of some other **** to write about
Reply 4
Original post by Human_bean
Can’t see it. Broken link

you mean the file i attached if so it's a file not a link
Original post by aimware
you mean the file i attached if so it's a file not a link

You sound really immature and annoying. God knows what your essay must sound like.
I’d say, take your teachers advice and re-write it. And remember I’s should be capital.

Good luck.
(edited 5 years ago)
It's not right-wing, but borderline racist. You're entitled to follow or believe what you like, but there are standards - not driven by PC culture. When you make the rules you can push your own agenda.

Typical really to be pushing these "facts". I see you used "libtard" clearly in with that American new political crowd *yawn*.
Original post by hannah60000
It's not right-wing, but borderline racist. You're entitled to follow or believe what you like, but there are standards - not driven by PC culture. When you make the rules you can push your own agenda.

Typical really to be pushing these "facts". I see you used "libtard" clearly in with that American new political crowd *yawn*.

Thank you for taking one for the team and reading it. Have some rep.
Examiners tend to not take too kindly to racist material and would sanction the candidate.
It’s racist, that’s the issue. Your teacher seems too uncomfortable to admit it, your political views shouldn’t make a difference to an exam board but discrimination does. You also sound arrogant. Don’t post here if you can’t answer basic questions.
The arguments are bad but it's just truly atrociously written...
Reply 10
Original post by anonymous1231231
It’s racist, that’s the issue. Your teacher seems too uncomfortable to admit it, your political views shouldn’t make a difference to an exam board but discrimination does. You also sound arrogant. Don’t post here if you can’t answer basic questions.

you say its racist but everything i say is backed up with facts and logic and i say in the conclusion that it is silly to took at race and IQ because iQ scores are constantly changing if you even bothered to read my essay
Original post by aimware
you say its racist but everything i say is backed up with facts and logic and i say in the conclusion that it is silly to took at race and IQ because iQ scores are constantly changing if you even bothered to read my essay

Again, don’t post here if you’re too sensitive or unwilling to accept people’s comments.
Reply 12
Original post by Human_bean
You sound really immature and annoying. God knows what your essay must sound like.
I’d say, take your teachers advise and re-write it. And remember I’s should be capital.

Good luck.

you sound like a real human bean
Original post by aimware

If you think it is of such a high quality then get your parents involved and insist it is submitted.
Reply 14
Not sure if it’s a good thing that my iPad won’t load the file - I kind of want to read it, i need a good laugh right now.
Just some general constructive criticism too.....9 paragraphs (main body) is a lot. One of your paragraphs for an argument is literally one sentence long?
Reply 16
Regardless of content, it is a badly written piece with numerous errors of grammar, spelling, style, and logic.
Reply 17
Original post by 999tigger
If you think it is of such a high quality then get your parents involved and insist it is submitted.

i dont think its of high quality english writing far from it but i think they should not reject essays because it's a controversial topic or opinion as those are the most interesting to read about and research e.g. africans have smaller brains than asians who would have thought? and because it would be rejected i am thinking of a different essay to write about.
Original post by aimware
i dont think its of high quality english writing far from it but i think they should not reject essays because it's a controversial topic or opinion as those are the most interesting to read about and research e.g. africans have smaller brains than asians who would have thought? and because it would be rejected i am thinking of a different essay to write about.

You should try reading the exam rules for SQA and then argue for change. Have fun with that. Get the mark you deserve.
Original post by gjd800
Regardless of content, it is a badly written piece with numerous errors of grammar, spelling, style, and logic.

shots fired

Latest

Trending

Trending