The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official 2019 Oxford Postgraduate OFFER HOLDERS

Saw the thread for Cambridge and thought I'd start one for Oxford.

I just got accepted for a Dphil in Biosciences!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there what was your undegrad and postgrad in before you got the offer ?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Carbonbased
Saw the thread for Cambridge and thought I'd start one for Oxford.

I just got accepted for a Dphil in Biosciences!

Wooo!! Congrats!
Reply 3
what's the condition?
Reply 4
I received an offer for the MSc biodiversity, conservation and management course at Oxford over Christmas - need to knuckle down and get the 1st they want now!
Heya, congrats. :smile: I have accepted an offer for DPhil in Structural Biology.
Reply 6
Original post by Suzi.Letham
Heya, congrats. :smile: I have accepted an offer for DPhil in Structural Biology.

Hi, I applied for DPhil inorganic chemistry , will they specify the condition by a specific number? I am currently on track on getting a first degree but not entirely sure that I can get tho
Original post by samxixi
Hi, I applied for DPhil inorganic chemistry , will they specify the condition by a specific number? I am currently on track on getting a first degree but not entirely sure that I can get tho

Hiya- yeah I am the same. I am on track to get a first in my degree right now, but the condition I need to meet is to get a 2.1 (a 2.1 is the minimum predicted degree classification for applying in the first place for my programme so it makes sense). Best of luck with your application.
Reply 8
Hiya- yeah I am the same. I am on track to get a first in my degree right now, but the condition I need to meet is to get a 2.1 (a 2.1 is the minimum predicted degree classification for applying in the first place for my programme so it makes sense). Best of luck with your application.

thanks for your reply, are you doing the same degree? Can I adds your Facebook to consult you a few things?
Reply 9
Is anyone else doing MSc Therapeutic Neuroscience?
I have that offer, but I'm waiting to hear the outcome of my MSc Pharmacology interview -- anyone received an offer?:smile:

Also is anyone else deciding between Cambridge pharmacology courses and Oxford? I'm leaning more towards MPhil Therapeutic Sciences at cambridge, as there seems to be more pharma industry there:smile:
HiiiAccepted into MSc Integrated Immunology starting on Oct 2019 Haven’t heard from colleges or even got a formal offer letter yet but I didn’t state a college preference on my application so we’ll see. I hope I’m put with other post grads though! Anyone else on this course?
Reply 11
Hiii!

Have you been asked by your Departments to send the original hard copy or certified transcripts?

Thanks!
Original post by Julia2948
HiiiAccepted into MSc Integrated Immunology starting on Oct 2019 Haven’t heard from colleges or even got a formal offer letter yet but I didn’t state a college preference on my application so we’ll see. I hope I’m put with other post grads though! Anyone else on this course?

Hi! I also got accepted to the MSc Integrated Immunology course! Just received the formal offer letter today but no news on colleges yet! Congratulations to all the offer holders! :smile:
Original post by a.est
Hiii!

Have you been asked by your Departments to send the original hard copy or certified transcripts?

Thanks!

Hi! I was asked by Nuffield to provide a copy of my degree/transcripts. I think this is only for people who have graduated from their undergraduate institution. They allowed me the option of having a secure email sent from my undergraduate university with my transcripts though.
Reply 14
Original post by bittersandsweet
Hi! I was asked by Nuffield to provide a copy of my degree/transcripts. I think this is only for people who have graduated from their undergraduate institution. They allowed me the option of having a secure email sent from my undergraduate university with my transcripts though.

I guess that would be a certified copy. The problem here is that I used to have a certified copy of my transcripts but I wasted it sending it to another university...and now I only have a certified copy of my degree. If they're happy with me giving them the degree...brilliant! but applying for another certified copy of my transcripts would be a nightmare. I'm supposed to apply in person and then they take so long to produce the document and I'm not at the moment in my home country...

Anyway...thanks! :smile:
Hey all,

I have a place on the DPhil in clinical neurosciences, but it is without departmental funding... I'm really unsure what to do as I don't seem to be eligible for any external funding, I will not get a college scholarship and I cannot afford to self fund. Is anyone else in a similar position?
Reply 16
How long did it take you to receive a formal offer after the email giving an informal offer?

It is for MSc Therapeutic Neuroscience and has been 8 days:smile:
Original post by emagine18
Hey all,

I have a place on the DPhil in clinical neurosciences, but it is without departmental funding... I'm really unsure what to do as I don't seem to be eligible for any external funding, I will not get a college scholarship and I cannot afford to self fund. Is anyone else in a similar position?

I know someone who was in a similar position, although not clinical neuroscience. They emailed someone from the department they had an offer from, who they had worked for before, and told them their situation. They managed to get external funding through the PI they contacted. This is because they wanted them back for DPhil and the person I knew explained, that without funding, they wouldn't be able to do it. Not sure if you have any contacts in clinical neuroscience that you could email? I think it is worth a try.
Reply 18
I know someone who was in a similar position, although not clinical neuroscience. They emailed someone from the department they had an offer from, who they had worked for before, and told them their situation. They managed to get external funding through the PI they contacted. This is because they wanted them back for DPhil and the person I knew explained, that without funding, they wouldn't be able to do it. Not sure if you have any contacts in clinical neuroscience that you could email? I think it is worth a try.

That was my case with my DPhil in Zoology. I was offered another position at St Andrews and my PI secured funding for me :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by emagine18
Hey all,

Hi! Aren't you available for the university-wide funding competition? I think as long as you applied before the January deadline, you will be automatically considered for the selection?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending