The Student Room Group

Good dissertation topics for Harry Potter?

I am going to write about Harry Potter book series. So what do you think is the best topic or topics to write about Harry Potter?
Original post by Mele9494
I am going to write about Harry Potter book series. So what do you think is the best topic or topics to write about Harry Potter?

Maybe consider themes that occur in the books and compare/discuss them? Or talk about the morals of the books and how they apply to society?

I don't know what your research interests are or what your degree focuses on.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Maybe consider themes that occur in the books and compare/discuss them? Or talk about the morals of the books and how they apply to society?

I don't know what your research interests are or what your degree focuses on.

I do have a topic now. I am going to write about differences and similarities between Harry and Voldemort. I think that’s an interesting topic to write about. However, I am not so sure how to formulate a question to it. I am not from an English-speaking country so my English is not really the best🙄😄 I am thinking like ‘Is Harry the good of Voldemort?‘ I mean I know it makes nonsense but I don’t know how to formulate it. Or in general maybe another question would be better but at that time I am not sure. I think I am going to start to write it and then formulate one later on.
Original post by Mele9494
I do have a topic now. I am going to write about differences and similarities between Harry and Voldemort. I think that’s an interesting topic to write about. However, I am not so sure how to formulate a question to it. I am not from an English-speaking country so my English is not really the best🙄😄 I am thinking like ‘Is Harry the good of Voldemort?‘ I mean I know it makes nonsense but I don’t know how to formulate it. Or in general maybe another question would be better but at that time I am not sure. I think I am going to start to write it and then formulate one later on.

Well you can say that Harry and Voldemort are each other's foils (character that contrasts another character). Will you be applying any literary theories to your dissertation? I think a psychoanalysis approach would be a good one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending