The Student Room Group

I found out my crush is gay (yay!) but what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

It's unlikely that something will happen if he doesn't know youre gay. You could follow the above users advice and maybe DM him something like 'I liked what u said in the tutorial the other day, I'm gay too and I agree with you' or something?
Original post by SanityGone
Nah, I get added by random people I’ve never spoken to all the time. Girlfriends of my boyfriends mates, people who’ve caught my name at work, people who have mutual friends, people in my form who I don’t really know etc. You have the tutorial group in common. He might just drop you a DM when you send him an add request, and you might find it easier to reply to a DM as a bit of an ice breaker 🤔

‘Hi’ is a decent sentence on its own 🤔

Original post by Anonymous
It's unlikely that something will happen if he doesn't know youre gay. You could follow the above users advice and maybe DM him something like 'I liked what u said in the tutorial the other day, I'm gay too and I agree with you' or something?

I just sent him a friend request on fb. Let's hope he doesn't decline :s-smilie:
(anon because I'm not out)

I'm in my first year of uni and there's a guy on my course I've been noticing since the beginning. He's rly fit but I only had a little crush on him and just let it be

Then we got put in the same tutorial. Now I see him every week, hear how he speaks in the tutorial, how he speaks to his friends. He's kind, smart, funny, etc

tldr: I now have a huuuuge crush :lovedup:

Last week we discussed societal expectations and he said, in front of the whole class, that he likes boys. I nearly fell off my chair! The rest of the day (or the week, tbf) all I could think was omgomgomgomgomg hes gay

... but I'm useless.

No one knows I'm gay so I've never done anything with anyone, not been on a date, not kissed,,, even tho I'm almost 19 :frown:

He always sits with his friends, I sit with mine. I'm rly shy as well and I'll defo embarrass myself if I talk to him. So what should I do? I want to just ignore this but I like him a lot and I don't want to be single forever either

most men aren't gay. so if you are gay, then another gay guy is likely to go for you just because there are so few options.
Original post by nonotyoutoo
most men aren't gay. so if you are gay, then another gay guy is likely to go for you just because there are so few options.

Is it really that easy?

He accepted my friend request! :biggrin: Should I DM?
No of course that aint the case

Gay people are still people , just cause there are little choices doesn't mean they aren't gonna be picky
Is it really that easy?

He accepted my friend request! :biggrin: Should I DM?

Arghh so pleased for you 😎

I think you can ‘wave’ on Facebook messenger
Original post by SanityGone
Arghh so pleased for you 😎

I think you can ‘wave’ on Facebook messenger

I waved at him. I'm proper freaking out :eek3:

(Why am I like a 12 year old girl)
Haha

You regret the things in life that you don’t do, more than the things you do, even if they don’t work out. At least you know where you stand and you know that you gave it a try
Very true. He waved back then sent alright mate, what's up?

What should I say now?
I could try that... We have the tutorial again tomorrow so should I just go sit near his friends instead of near my own?

No why don’t you arrive early and hopefully get your friends to sit nearer them, hopefully you’re able to tell your friends you like him?

Don’t forget to concentrate on the tutorial! Don’t want grades dropping over a him.
Original post by Little Popcorns
No why don’t you arrive early and hopefully get your friends to sit nearer them, hopefully you’re able to tell your friends you like him?

Don’t forget to concentrate on the tutorial! Don’t want grades dropping over a him.

I'm finding it hard to concentrate during the tutorial because of him oops :colondollar:

My friends don't know I'm gay... But I can try and get them to sit nearer without revealing my intentions maybe
Hows the facebook chatting going?
We chatted about our course (lame, ik) for a while. Then when the conversation died down a bit he asked me if I had any valentine's plans. (I don't, obviously). He said he didn't either which is good :biggrin:

Then, however, he sent:
so there's no special girl in your life?
or boy? :wink:

What should I say!? Help!
Tell him you have a crush on someone. Maybe you could drop him a few hints or something.
Alright, I've done that, here's what happened:
me: well, there's someone i like
him: oooh
someone from uni?
me: yeah
him: so are the feelings mutual?
me: idk, we haven't spoken much, so probs not haha
him: you never know :wink:
i fancy someone too
he's cute af
seems a bit shy though so we haven't spoken much either

I think he fancies someone else... :/
I wouldn't be so sure. The wink face is pretty suggestive of his interest. And IDK, it just doesn't seem right that he'd call someone else 'cute af' to you. If he was a close friend or something, then sure, friends do talk about stuff like that. Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure he likes you too.
Could you kinda say you were impressed by how open he was about liking guys, that you’re not quite at that stage yet...
(anon because I'm not out)

I'm in my first year of uni and there's a guy on my course I've been noticing since the beginning. He's rly fit but I only had a little crush on him and just let it be

Then we got put in the same tutorial. Now I see him every week, hear how he speaks in the tutorial, how he speaks to his friends. He's kind, smart, funny, etc

tldr: I now have a huuuuge crush :lovedup:

Last week we discussed societal expectations and he said, in front of the whole class, that he likes boys. I nearly fell off my chair! The rest of the day (or the week, tbf) all I could think was omgomgomgomgomg hes gay

... but I'm useless.

No one knows I'm gay so I've never done anything with anyone, not been on a date, not kissed,,, even tho I'm almost 19 :frown:

He always sits with his friends, I sit with mine. I'm rly shy as well and I'll defo embarrass myself if I talk to him. So what should I do? I want to just ignore this but I like him a lot and I don't want to be single forever either :s-smilie:

Who said u need to say anything, jus go up to him and snog the life out of him.
I love this chat, uuugh, as a lonely gay, I need chats like this because I’ve been in your situation so many times! This is so so so so so so so cute!!!
And think how much further forward you are compared to this time yesterday OP - happy Valentine’s Day 💝

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending