The Student Room Group

I found out my crush is gay (yay!) but what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Alright, I've done that, here's what happened:
me: well, there's someone i like
him: oooh
someone from uni?
me: yeah
him: so are the feelings mutual?
me: idk, we haven't spoken much, so probs not haha
him: you never know :wink:
i fancy someone too
he's cute af
seems a bit shy though so we haven't spoken much either

I think he fancies someone else... :/

I think that someone might be you
Reply 41
Reading this made me smile so much! It definitely sounds like he likes you :h:
Rim him or I will
I wouldn't be so sure. The wink face is pretty suggestive of his interest. And IDK, it just doesn't seem right that he'd call someone else 'cute af' to you. If he was a close friend or something, then sure, friends do talk about stuff like that. Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure he likes you too.

Original post by pinkypaz123
I think that someone might be you

Original post by Tom208
Reading this made me smile so much! It definitely sounds like he likes you :h:

Are you all for real?

There's no way he likes me. I'm so awkward and all I do is stare at him stupidly :s-smilie:

I still haven't replied to his last messages (read them in notifications), what should I say?
Original post by SanityGone
And think how much further forward you are compared to this time yesterday OP - happy Valentine’s Day 💝

Thank you! :h: Happy Valentine's Day to everyone here too!

I did make some progress, but now he seems to like someone else...
Yes, we are for real. There is most definitely way that he likes you! How about asking him if you know the person he likes?
Are you all for real?

There's no way he likes me. I'm so awkward and all I do is stare at him stupidly :s-smilie:

I still haven't replied to his last messages (read them in notifications), what should I say?

Be confident around himmmm. Ask if his willing to go on a date with you or if he wants to go to a cafe with you
Yes, we are for real. There is most definitely way that he likes you! How about asking him if you know the person he likes?

That's a good one, I'll do that :smile:
Be confident around himmmm. Ask if his willing to go on a date with you or if he wants to go to a cafe with you

I would but what if I'm misreading this and he says no! Or what if he says yes! It's gonna be so awkward :frown:
But as you said, when he catches you looking at him, he's smiling and there's no way he would call someone else 'cute af' when you two aren't close- he's giving you a hint. He also said that he has a crush on someone without you asking if he does so... Could also try asking if you know his crush
I'd suggest subtly letting him know you're gay, like maybe drop a 'he' somewhere, he might not know you're gay
I agree - def ask him if the person he likes is anyone you know..... I think it could be someone you know quite well 😉
Don’t overthink this pleaseee. You’ll make it sound really badd and trust me it’ll go well is he said yes x

I would but what if I'm misreading this and he says no! Or what if he says yes! It's gonna be so awkward :frown:
So, quick update on the messaging thing:

me: do you think i know him?
him: yep
definitely
he's doing our course
noticed him during that mega silly course induction thing in freshers
me: is it that blond guy?
him: i'm gonna go to bed now
but like
i'll be hanging around the building before the tutorial tomorrow
might see you then? x

My brain is going :eek3::eek3::eek3:

Here's the thing. I'm doing a joint honours arts degree; few people, mostly girls. Most people couldn't be bothered showing up to this induction thing. In fact, I remember there were exactly three guys there: me, him, and some blond dude. Said blond dude doesn't 'seem a bit shy'. Which means...

I can't believe it tho! How could he possibly like me? He probs just thinks I'm fit and will soon change his mind when he finds out how awkward and inexperienced I am :s-smilie:

Where do I go from here? Should I meet him tomorrow? What does the little x mean? My mum sends me those but a boy I barely know?
Means he wants a cheeky snog before class
Be braver!
Honey it’s not the blond guy 🙄

Maybe suggest a coffee?
OP how are things with him?

Dont tell me you are this tactless that you still cant tell he likes you?
I haven't replied to his last messages. Not sure what to say :frown:

I do realise that it's me he likes, but I'm finding that so hard to believe. We barely know each other!

Anyway, the tutorial is at 11, so I'll get there a bit early to see him. The first time we're gonna talk in person :afraid: If I'm brave enough I'll suggest a coffee...
I haven't replied to his last messages. Not sure what to say :frown:

I do realise that it's me he likes, but I'm finding that so hard to believe. We barely know each other!

Anyway, the tutorial is at 11, so I'll get there a bit early to see him. The first time we're gonna talk in person :afraid: If I'm brave enough I'll suggest a coffee...

Ah if he’s gonna get there early and you’re gonna get there early, you could drop him a message now and ask if he fancies a coffee before (or after) class. It would be a bit more private and less awkward than talking in front of your mates and his...
omgg this is adorable - hows it going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending