The Student Room Group

Carol Ann Duffy Critics

Hi! :smile: Extremely frustrated AS level student here studying English Literature and has been wasting 3 hours searching for anything critical (real paid critics that is their job to critique - not student wasters giving a biased opinion) on Carol Ann Duffy. I just can't find any website or ANYTHING to quote in an exam essay on Duffy and Pugh.. at the moment, trying to do different essays based on memory, sexual connotation, love, feminism, and disturbed minds. For A01 spec, I think we HAVE to include critics to up a grade... and wasting my time on the web is really annoying me! so please help!!

Much appreciated!
I'm in the same position..

Try http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/jan/20/poetry.books i got a couple of quotes from there..mainly from poets or artists but i sill think you can use them.

or,

http://www.contemporarywriters.com/authors/?p=auth104

It has a whole critical analysis at the bottom.
Have a look at:

Language and Structure in the Poetry of Carol Ann Duffy

Search for book reviews of Carol Ann Duffy's collections. They might be useful.

Carol Ann Duffy by Deryn Rees-Jones is also pretty good study of the poet, as is The Poetry of Carol Ann Duffy: Choosing Tough Words by Angelica Michelis and Antony Rowland (Eds), a collection of essays.
Reply 3
Original post by Victoria May
Hi! :smile: Extremely frustrated AS level student here studying English Literature and has been wasting 3 hours searching for anything critical (real paid critics that is their job to critique - not student wasters giving a biased opinion) on Carol Ann Duffy. I just can't find any website or ANYTHING to quote in an exam essay on Duffy and Pugh.. at the moment, trying to do different essays based on memory, sexual connotation, love, feminism, and disturbed minds. For A01 spec, I think we HAVE to include critics to up a grade... and wasting my time on the web is really annoying me! so please help!!

Much appreciated!

omg im in the same position right now and wondering if theres anything critical you found that might help me? I've searched for it on google and libraries but not big help. Mostly based on feminism and equality in the "worlds wife" collection. Thanks!!!
Original post by Mehroosa
omg im in the same position right now and wondering if theres anything critical you found that might help me? I've searched for it on google and libraries but not big help. Mostly based on feminism and equality in the "worlds wife" collection. Thanks!!!

I'm literally doing the same collection (worlds wife) now! Can you remember any critical sources that you found/used?
Original post by josephprive
I'm literally doing the same collection (worlds wife) now! Can you remember any critical sources that you found/used?

I have just done the world's wife for coursework and have a bunch of critical quotes if you would like me to send them to you?
Reply 6
would you possibly be able to send them to me as I am using the same collection for my coursework?
Reply 7
Original post by username4509512
I have just done the world's wife for coursework and have a bunch of critical quotes if you would like me to send them to you?

Would you possibly be able to send them to me?
Reply 8

Much appreciated!

Hey,
I am studying Duffy to along side Larkin and I struggle to find Critics however recently I have used
Quizlet and it seems to have some critics for Duffy on selected themes.
Hope that helps.

I am doing Duffy as a v last minute change to my Advanced Higher Dissertation, would you be able to send me notes. TYSM :smile:

Is this still available?
Hey would it be possible to send them to me if you still have them. About to begin writing my coursework and I'd really appreciate any help with the critical quotes
Reply 12

Much appreciated!

Can I critique her poems and you include that?

Latest