The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett School - are the people there nice?

Sorry for asking but if any of you go to HBS, are the staff and students there nice? Is the school itself nice? I really need an answer because we need to know whether we should move all the way to London for this school. Do you think it’s worth it?
Thank you so much 😊
Please reply 🙏

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're considering moving to London for a school, I think the real priority here would be academic excellence, which HBS most definitely has. I highly doubt that the school mistreats its students.
Thank you!! Yeah on most websites there is lots of praise for Henrietta Barnett... It’s just that it will cost a lot of money to move to London and try to find a job there (for my parents) and we already have an ok grammar school near us... But thank you for the advice! Yes academic excellence is a real priority, although I’m not sure whether my parents will agree. Thanks Tolgarda for replying 😀
Original post by Steve445
lol

Uhhhhh ok...
Reply 5
I go there and the students are generally really nice- ofc there are some exceptions but you would expect this from any school.

There are no harsh rules such as detention and things like that- hbs is quite relaxed when it comes to punishment and the school tries its best not to pressurise students. Access to school counselling is quite easy and the school tries its best to help students feel happy.

However, the school is broke. Legit no money at all. Some teachers are amazing whilst others are terrible. And the terrible ones are honestly a nightmare. HBS hasn't got the best teachers and it has got some of the smartest girls in the country which means it can be hard to keep up- girls r also incredibly competitive. Even though we top rankings academically, most of the work comes from students and parents themselves rather than teachers and many rely on out of school tutors.

Not many facilities at all tbh.

I would say the competitive environment motivates me to better but I mean sometimes its a bit of a strain trying to keep up with all of the clever girls when the teachers teach you nothing. dont get me wrong- hbs does have some good teachers but not that many.
what are the maths teachers like? and biology
Original post by blobfish123
what are the maths teachers like? and biology

I think in terms of teachers the maths department is really quite strong (with the exception of 1 or 2 people). My maths teacher is amazing. The biology department is nothing special tbh, there are a couple of good bio teacher and the rest are average - but I don't really have much to compare them to
Original post by Rebeccamaurier
I think in terms of teachers the maths department is really quite strong (with the exception of 1 or 2 people). My maths teacher is amazing. The biology department is nothing special tbh, there are a couple of good bio teacher and the rest are average - but I don't really have much to compare them to

thank youuu xx
have u heard anything about the Economics teachers?
Original post by Rebeccamaurier

so im currently in year 11 and thinking of going for a levels in September, how easy do you think it will be to fit in/ and do you have any general comments on the school?
Original post by blobfish123
so im currently in year 11 and thinking of going for a levels in September, how easy do you think it will be to fit in/ and do you have any general comments on the school?

hi! in my experience most people here are very kind and welcoming, so i'm sure you'll be able to fit in perfectly fine. in terms of the school in general, i mean it is quite difficult sometimes and teachers do try and push you academically, but overall i do quite like the school
shall I go to hbs habs girls or highgate . helppppp
hi idk whether to go to Henrietta Barnett or kings maths school! help!!
Original post by sixthformapp
shall I go to hbs habs girls or highgate . helppppp

oo which will u choose do you think
Original post by ilikematcha101
oo which will u choose do you think

Now its still between all 3 . I want the Highgate social scene but i also want habs and hbs very strong academic focus
Now its still between all 3 . I want the Highgate social scene but i also want habs and hbs very strong academic focus

I mean u can do well wherever u go, but hbs won’t have a good social scene lol
I mean u can do well wherever u go, but hbs won’t have a good social scene lol

wait why do u say that ab hbs social scene coz they seem rlly fun . Sure diff kind of fun to the partying/crazy North London circle im used to but like based on what do u make that opinion xx
wait why do u say that ab hbs social scene coz they seem rlly fun . Sure diff kind of fun to the partying/crazy North London circle im used to but like based on what do u make that opinion xx

nah ppl just say its kinda dead at hbs but I prolly shouldn't make an assumption from them haha
(edited 3 years ago)
nah ppl ik who go qe just say its kinda dead at hbs but I prolly shouldn't make an assumption from them haha

btw does anyone on this thread go hbs? what's it acc like, are ppl like revising all the time or is that just a stereotype. I go to a state school so am not rly used to that environment lol
btw does anyone on this thread go hbs? what's it acc like, are ppl like revising all the time or is that just a stereotype. I go to a state school so am not rly used to that environment lol

Yo whats ur insta xx

Quick Reply

Latest