The Student Room Group

Linklaters Pathfinder 2019

Hey
Just wondering if Linklaters have an interview after the Watson Glaser Test for the Pathfinder, 1st year scheme?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I think so. Does everyone get invited for a wastson test or is that selective?
Original post by musicangel
Hey
Just wondering if Linklaters have an interview after the Watson Glaser Test for the Pathfinder, 1st year scheme?
Thanks

Original post by Rachael9a
I think so. Does everyone get invited for a wastson test or is that selective?

I've applied for this scheme and there is a Watson-Glaser which I think everyone is automatically given. I'm not sure about an interview. It is listed as part of their selection process, which makes sense for vacation schemes and TCs but seems a bit of overkill for a first-year scheme.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I've applied for this scheme and there is a Watson-Glaser which I think everyone is automatically given. I'm not sure about an interview. It is listed as part of their selection process, which makes sense for vacation schemes and TCs but seems a bit of overkill for a first-year scheme.

Often with schemes like this (1st year stuff, internships, grad scheme etc) they send the online test straight after the application form is done. There is then a pass mark, which If you get they look at the application and continue from there.

The interview is just to whittle down candidates, you get loads of applicants for these schemes
Original post by Andrew97
Often with schemes like this (1st year stuff, internships, grad scheme etc) they send the online test straight after the application form is done. There is then a pass mark, which If you get they look at the application and continue from there.

The interview is just to whittle down candidates, you get loads of applicants for these schemes

Yes naturally. The thing is that the schemes themselves (for first years) are typically two days long, so holding interviews seems like a monumental amount of effort for just two days.
Anyone heard anything after taking the WG, if so how long did it take for the response?
Did WG on Thursday, got the PFO today, probably as I felt my WG was pretty sub-par due to other deadlines. Ah well onwards and upwards.
Original post by El.Tritts
Did WG on Thursday, got the PFO today, probably as I felt my WG was pretty sub-par due to other deadlines. Ah well onwards and upwards.

Sorry to hear - did you get your percentile score by any chance?
Original post by lawboi98
Sorry to hear - did you get your percentile score by any chance?

Nah just an email saying they won't go any further with my application. The speed of the reply makes me assume that its due to the WG
Original post by El.Tritts
Nah just an email saying they won't go any further with my application. The speed of the reply makes me assume that its due to the WG

Ah I see - good luck with any other apps!
Anyone got any updates? Still haven't heard anything since doing the WG.
Original post by ellewilkinson
Anyone got any updates? Still haven't heard anything since doing the WG.

Me neither.
I have an interview!!
I have an interview!!

Congrats!
I've still not heard anything.
Check your profile online
Congrats!
I've still not heard anything.
Check your profile online

Okay I just did and there's nothing.
Does it still just say test stage?
Okay I just did and there's nothing.
Does it still just say test stage?

Yes.
Reply 18
I have an interview!!

Are you able to say when you submitted your application?
Original post by DCDCo
Are you able to say when you submitted your application?

Sure.

I applied on the 11th February (the last day lol) and I completed the WG on the 18th February.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending