The Student Room Group

I found out my crush is gay (yay!) but what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

First of all, congratulations!

Second of all, dont ask him out for coffee if you aint ready yet, but you should definitely ask him deliberately if he likes you :smile:
I talked to him today!:biggrin:

It was rly awkward at first, when we were talking outside the tutorial room. I didn't know what to say and after a couple minutes one of his friends arrived and the two of them talked with me just standing there

I thought I'd blown it but apparently not, because after the tutorial he approached me again. He asked me if I wanted to grab lunch with him in the two hour gap between the tutorial and our next lecture :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It was just the two of us this time and things were much less awkward. He's so easy to talk to :smile: We got to know each other and I properly told him I like boys (he's the first one to know :colondollar:)

The thing that makes me go :eek3: the most tho is he was showing me his sketchbook (cos he likes to do art, apparently :smile:) and there was a drawing of me! (Like, not in a creepy way, he had a lot of random people in there like lecturers). I said it was really pretty and then he said I was really pretty :blush: While he said that he brushed a bit of hair out of my face. I must've been so red but I looked at him and he was blushing too, which was soooo cute. He always seems so confident but he's actually such a sweet guy as well :colondollar::love:

Then we sat together in the lecture as well and he drew a tiny heart on my notes and wow I think I'm in love :colondollar::biggrin:

I simply cannot believed all this happened to me today. Lowkey waiting to wake up from a dream or something...
one word: w o w . Sounds like the most romantic start of a possible relationship :smile: Best of Luck :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I talked to him today!:biggrin:

It was rly awkward at first, when we were talking outside the tutorial room. I didn't know what to say and after a couple minutes one of his friends arrived and the two of them talked with me just standing there

I thought I'd blown it but apparently not, because after the tutorial he approached me again. He asked me if I wanted to grab lunch with him in the two hour gap between the tutorial and our next lecture :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It was just the two of us this time and things were much less awkward. He's so easy to talk to :smile: We got to know each other and I properly told him I like boys (he's the first one to know :colondollar:)

The thing that makes me go :eek3: the most tho is he was showing me his sketchbook (cos he likes to do art, apparently :smile:) and there was a drawing of me! (Like, not in a creepy way, he had a lot of random people in there like lecturers). I said it was really pretty and then he said I was really pretty :blush: While he said that he brushed a bit of hair out of my face. I must've been so red but I looked at him and he was blushing too, which was soooo cute. He always seems so confident but he's actually such a sweet guy as well :colondollar::love:

Then we sat together in the lecture as well and he drew a tiny heart on my notes and wow I think I'm in love :colondollar::biggrin:

I simply cannot believed all this happened to me today. Lowkey waiting to wake up from a dream or something...

Omgggggggg
I’m soo happy for you. I’m blushing too for some reason lool. Did you get his number?
So happy for you - and sooo overinvested in this thread. Look back at your first post from two days ago - how different are things now 😎
Hi Anonymous #1

I am a Hollywood producer and would like to turn your story into a film

Sincerely, hollymcwood
Let me grab some popcorn :vroam:, I'm gonna be following this thread for a while
Original post by stressedstdnt
Let me grab some popcorn :vroam:, I'm gonna be following this thread for a while

i know right? sounds like the most beautiful hollywood blockbuster :smile:
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
one word: w o w . Sounds like the most romantic start of a possible relationship :smile: Best of Luck :smile:

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:
Omgggggggg
I’m soo happy for you. I’m blushing too for some reason lool. Did you get his number?

No I didn't, but I have him on facebook :smile: Should I message him?
Original post by SanityGone
So happy for you - and sooo overinvested in this thread. Look back at your first post from two days ago - how different are things now 😎

Ikr! I seriously can't believe this, it all happened so fast as well :eek:
Ikr! I seriously can't believe this, it all happened so fast as well :eek:

Yhh do message him. Tell him how fun it was today and if his willing to somewhere else soon :smile:
Omgg congrats I feel very happy for you!
I haven't heard from him at all since yesterday's lecture... Maybe I said or did something wrong :frown:
I haven't heard from him at all since yesterday's lecture... Maybe I said or did something wrong :frown:

from what youve said it doesnt seem like you did anything wrong. why dont you pop up to him? he might just be busy
Ngl this is so cute. No one has ever been interested in me like this
He might be feeling just as nervous, waiting to hear from you...

It's the week end, maybe he's just working or went home to see his family.
I wouldn't worry, it's just been 24h you can't expect him to talk to you 24/7 :smile:
I don’t have any advice, but this is so cute.
Ah, drop him a goodnight, see if he replies x
I'm scared to message him first, what if he's not interested anymore? I was probably too awkward yesterday. I felt like it was going well but we all know I'm not exactly good at picking up social cues :s-smilie:
Is he on Instagram?

It doesn’t sound to me like he’s not interested... But he did say that the guy he likes is kinda shy so he might be feeling that he doesn’t want to rush you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending