The Student Room Group

How do I ask?

I want to have sex with my girlfriend but I’m not sure what the best way to make her aware of the idea and actually ask her. Bare in mind I’m angsty and someone who doesn’t like expressing want or need so this is a hard one. She’s a lot more free and openminded but I’ve got my own anxieties abiut it.

Has anyone ever experienced the same thing? If so, what did you do?
Ask her through sign language, it'll show her that you're good with your hands ifyouknowwhatimean :wink:
Reply 2
👉👌:question:
First of all I wouldn't ask her to have sex with you unless you've been doing oral sex a while -- that should always come first. I think having sex will progress naturally from there?

If you've already been doing oral extensively then maybe just ask her what she thinks about it. If she's not comfortable then I would suggest not bringing it up for a few more months because otherwise she might feel pressured.

You didn't say how old you were, but if you're younger than 15 I'd think long and hard about whether this is the right age.
Reply 4
I guess I've been kinda in your girlfriend's position before. If like you say she's vert free and open minded, then chances are she's be happy to have a conversation about it. If you're not good at directly expressing your wants/needs just give hints. :smile: Like say touching her more, being more flirty, etc, see if she responds well to it. She'll get the idea. :smile: That might make you more confident that she's up for it then you could ask her. or alternatively, just be more direct Invite her over, cuddle and stuff, just make sure she's all happy/ relaxed and then just say you've been thknking about it/ ask if she'd like to. You said she's open right? She won't completely shut you down. She'll probably want to as well tbh. Girls love it when you open up to them and have a conversation avout that stuff. Good luck anyway :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Ask her through sign language, it'll show her that you're good with your hands ifyouknowwhatimean :wink:

Sadly, I can’t. It’s not a widely spoken language.
Original post by Spanx
👉👌:question:

👍🏻
Original post by Anonymous
First of all I wouldn't ask her to have sex with you unless you've been doing oral sex a while -- that should always come first. I think having sex will progress naturally from there?

If you've already been doing oral extensively then maybe just ask her what she thinks about it. If she's not comfortable then I would suggest not bringing it up for a few more months because otherwise she might feel pressured.

You didn't say how old you were, but if you're younger than 15 I'd think long and hard about whether this is the right age.

No we haven’t. I’m 17. Regardless, it’s really about maturity and I’m believe I’m mature enough to have a conversation and ask first.

Original post by Lilisea
I guess I've been kinda in your girlfriend's position before. If like you say she's vert free and open minded, then chances are she's be happy to have a conversation about it. If you're not good at directly expressing your wants/needs just give hints. :smile: Like say touching her more, being more flirty, etc, see if she responds well to it. She'll get the idea. :smile: That might make you more confident that she's up for it then you could ask her. or alternatively, just be more direct Invite her over, cuddle and stuff, just make sure she's all happy/ relaxed and then just say you've been thknking about it/ ask if she'd like to. You said she's open right? She won't completely shut you down. She'll probably want to as well tbh. Girls love it when you open up to them and have a conversation avout that stuff. Good luck anyway :biggrin:

Alright. I think a conversation about it would probably be ideal then. I’ve been touching more but we’ve not done anything, as the OP indicates.
Reply 6
Go for the 'one thing leads to another approach'. Or play strip Scrabble. Or failing that, say, ' hey, shall we have sex tonight'
'Wanna shag?' or 'Wanna have sex?'

Those are my go-to lines. Feel free to use them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending