The Student Room Group

How could she still be angry with me?

A few years ago I ghosted her. I removed her from all social media and everything. My reason for this, and I’m making no excuses, is because I had given up hope. I really liked her, in fact I probably did love her, but I just couldn’t carry on.

She knew how I felt for her. She knew what I wanted. I was just so confused.

There were several instances that I thought she liked me back:

- She had invited me to her Prom.
- She would always be around me.
- On a night out with other friends, she was sat next to me, and he would continuously bump her leg against mine and leave it touching mine.

This was 5 years ago. A few weeks ago, I decided to get back in touch.

She’s still absolutely livid with me.

I told her I wanted to see her, and she replied (I honestly thought she wouldn’t) with a HUGE message telling me how ghosting her had made her feel, how it had all crawled back after I got in touch - loads of things.

I just replied “I was a complete and utter jerk for putting you through all that. If you ever chance your mind, get in touch”.

She, again, replied with a huge message back - longer than the first.

Don’t get me wrong, it totally understandable that she was angry with me, but how come she’s still so angry with me after all these years?
Maybe you broke her heart?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe you broke her heart?

I honestly don’t know...

If I did break her heart, then maybe she did in fact share the same feelings?
A few years ago I ghosted her. I removed her from all social media and everything. My reason for this, and I’m making no excuses, is because I had given up hope. I really liked her, in fact I probably did love her, but I just couldn’t carry on.

She knew how I felt for her. She knew what I wanted. I was just so confused.

There were several instances that I thought she liked me back:

- She had invited me to her Prom.
- She would always be around me.
- On a night out with other friends, she was sat next to me, and he would continuously bump her leg against mine and leave it touching mine.

This was 5 years ago. A few weeks ago, I decided to get back in touch.

She’s still absolutely livid with me.

I told her I wanted to see her, and she replied (I honestly thought she wouldn’t) with a HUGE message telling me how ghosting her had made her feel, how it had all crawled back after I got in touch - loads of things.

I just replied “I was a complete and utter jerk for putting you through all that. If you ever chance your mind, get in touch”.

She, again, replied with a huge message back - longer than the first.

Don’t get me wrong, it totally understandable that she was angry with me, but how come she’s still so angry with me after all these years?

I think in this situation, she might simply want to feel in control. Like she finally gets the chance to unload all her feelings onto you when she saw the chance.

Don't take it to heart...let the situation die - don't reply to her. Nothing much unfortunately you can do here - you have to leave it in her corner. I'm sure she's not livid with you....perhaps just a little bit now you might've accidentally rehashed the situation in her eyes.
Reply 4
Original post by yzanne
I think in this situation, she might simply want to feel in control. Like she finally gets the chance to unload all her feelings onto you when she saw the chance.

Don't take it to heart...let the situation die - don't reply to her. Nothing much unfortunately you can do here - you have to leave it in her corner. I'm sure she's not livid with you....perhaps just a little bit now you might've accidentally rehashed the situation in her eyes.

I didn’t reply to her second message.

Well, if you had read her replies, you would have known she was angry with me.

I just wanted to at the very least build a bridge between us. She can cross it if she wants - she can talk to me, if she wants.

I just couldn’t go on anymore without at least talking to her this once.
I think you did well with that
I didn’t reply to her second message.

Well, if you had read her replies, you would have known she was angry with me.

I just wanted to at the very least build a bridge between us. She can cross it if she wants - she can talk to me, if she wants.

I just couldn’t go on anymore without at least talking to her this once.

I think waiting right now is your best option. If she did like you in this way she will calm down and talk to you eventually.
Reply 6
I think you did well with that

I think waiting right now is your best option. If she did like you in this way she will calm down and talk to you eventually.

I don’t know, maybe, only time will tell I guess.

I understand if she doesn’t.

However, I will just say, if she ever does, I would never under any circumstances do the same thing again.
By contacting her you've caused a lot of old emotions to re-surface, so it feels fresh to her all over again. Then your short response to it doesn't address how she feels at all which would have just made her even more angry.
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
By contacting her you've caused a lot of old emotions to re-surface, so it feels fresh to her all over again. Then your short response to it doesn't address how she feels at all which would have just made her even more angry.

I ****ing hate myself for what I put her through.

I never knew how she felt about me.
Why the **** would you ghost someone like that?

I would be ****ing furious.
No one is generally happy when ghosts turn up.
Original post by Decahedron
Why the **** would you ghost someone like that?

I would be ****ing furious.

I did it for selfish reasons. Instead of letting things develop naturally, I thought cutting the chord would help me move on. It hasn’t. I deserve to live in this constant regret and guilt. I never took the time to realise how much pain and hurt I had caused her.
I did it for selfish reasons. Instead of letting things develop naturally, I thought cutting the chord would help me move on. It hasn’t. I deserve to live in this constant regret and guilt. I never took the time to realise how much pain and hurt I had caused her.

Awww that's so sweet. I hope she sees that.

Quick Reply

Latest