The Student Room Group

What sort of permanent scars do you have on your body and how did you get them?

Basically what the title says

Scroll to see replies

i have one on my stomach and one under my eyebrow from chickenpox and one on my finger from a bit of broken glass when i was doing some dishes.
I have one in the center of my forehead from running head first into a door when I was 2!
I have one on the side of my thumb from attempting to catch a glass I knocked out of a cupboard. Needless to say, I didn't catch it! It hit the floor and shattered, cutting me in the process.
I also have one on the side of my pinky where I got cut on a bit of broken glass. I also have a grey dot on the heel of the palm of the same hand, from where I managed to jab myself with a pencil later on.
Does anyone have a vaccination mark on the side of their left arm, probably well known as the BCG vaccine? I know I have one and was given to me as baby.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Username7413
Does anyone have a vaccination mark on the side of their left arm, probably well known as the BCG vaccine? I know I have one and was given to me as baby.

Yep, though I had my jab in secondary school, I would have been about 12.
I have at the base of my spine to my bum. I fell off a ladder when i was little. Needed surgery to remove scar tissue
Original post by Miss Maddie
I have at the base of my spine to my bum. I fell off a ladder when i was little. Needed surgery to remove scar tissue

Yikes! That sounds brutal, hope it didn't lead to any back problems right?
I've got a scar on my wrist from taking things out of the oven, and another couple on my knees from falling off my bike.
Yikes! That sounds brutal, hope it didn't lead to any back problems right?

Nothing long lasting. i have a painless lump there
Original post by Miss Maddie
Nothing long lasting. i have a painless lump there

Well that's great then, just looked very major and worrying to me since you stated that you had to have surgery for it.
I've got scars on both knees- once when I was about 15/16 I was crossing the road without paying attention & nearly got hit by a massive truck.As soon as I heard the horn I ran across as fast as I could, tripped over the kerb & hit my knees really hard on the pavement. I think I got off pretty lightly seen as I nearly got run over.
One on my finger- I was wearing a ring with quite a big bit sticking out & got it caught on a fence & it really cut into my finger.
A small scar on the bridge of my nose from coming off my bike head first when I was about 10. It's not visible now because I wear glasses & the frames go right over it and I usually forget its even there. I used to be self conscious about it though because of it being on my face.
I have one on my knee from when I fell over as a child.

I have one going from my knee down to almost my ankle from last year when I scraped my leg one a thorn or twig or something.

I have one on my foot from when my cat collided with me, her claw went straight into my foot.
Have a couple on my knees from various accidents as a child

Have two on my left hand

Past SH TW:

Spoiler

I have a couple chicken pox scars. I have a small scar on my forearm where a rusty coat hook went through my arm and I have a 2/3 inch scar on my pubic area from when I had a hernia as a baby and needed surgery.
Scar on my hand because my older sis loves giving me scars for fun and acne scars on my chest and back that don’t seem to get any better
in my tribe the tradition is for boys to undergo ritual scarring when the first signs of manhood appear. we are taken deep into the forest by the elders and made to undergo fasting and strange dances. they smear our torsos with a mixture of ash, tree sap and wombat blood. the head shaman goes into a trance and is visited by the spirits of the ancestors in the form of jungle creatures. he is told which creature will be used in the scarring pattern. in my case it was the painted goanna, a powerful lizard spirit. the scarring is done with a sharp obsidian blade on the back of the boy. eucalyptus and tea tree oil is used to stop the bleeding.
a few days later the scars have begun to heal and the boys are taken back to the tribal settlement for a great feast. they are allowed to choose one of the tribal women for the next stage of their initiation.... but that is enough for now. :h:
Oh and acne scars all over my back
Reply 19

Neck and hand - assault, wrist - self-inflicted, above my eye - not sure, had it since I was a child, leg - old sports injury. Tried a lot of different methods to get rid of them, but nope, nothing works. So don't waste your money.

Quick Reply

Latest