The Student Room Group

Can a school exclude a Year 14 for nothing?

Hi,

I have expressed my opinion to an ofsted about the overall opinion of my school. Since it was negative it angered the headteacher. Therefore, he says that he can exclude me from the school (for giving an opinion to ofsted) and he doesn't need to justify it as I am in Year 14 and over the age of 18. Is this legal? Can he exclude me for expressing my opinion? I need help as I am super stressed out about this.

Thanks for any help given! :smile:
It depends on the school rules and policies.
Reply 2
lool why did u say anything at all lool . you are in year 14 , just grind and leave. You have been there long enough if your repeating a year
Reply 3
Just blackmail him?
He cannot exclude you on those grounds. You are still a student of the school irrespective of your age. Even so, it is free speech and you have a right to be honest about your opinions of a particular school to Ofsted. There is nothing wrong with telling a governing body that oversees the quality of education of all schools that your own school isn't satisfactory. Students and parents do this all the time, its what Ofsted is there for. Whistleblowing is not a reason to exclude. Technically yes you are in year 14 and therefore you shouldn't be in college at this point, however you are still a student in the school from the moment you gave your opinion to Ofsted. Therefore you are within your right. He is most likely threatening you so that you retract your statement that you gave to ofsted. I would say just ignore him and continue with your life.
Hmmm complain to ofsted about this too lmao
Reply 6
Original post by Bill Nye
Hmmm complain to ofsted about this too lmao

It's complaints all the way down
What is year 14?
Reply 8
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
What is year 14?

its pretty much year 13 but redoing year 13

Quick Reply

Latest