The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Unconditional Offer- Interview at Lancaster

Hi! I received a conditional offer for Law at Lancaster but got a letter through the post saying that I have an unconditional pending on an interview, my interview is on an applicant day and is in a month. They still haven't emailed me with a time or changed on UCAS track, is this normal? Also, what should I expect from the interview? Thank you!!
Hi! I can't speak for law because it may be different. However, I had an unconditional interview at the weekend for English Language. I received a email and a letter 2 weeks prior to my interview date with confirmed times and location etc. The interview was quite informal, the dress code is also informal (I wore jeans and t-shirt.) The interview styles seemed to differ depending on what interviewer people had. For example, mine was very debate based and we had a discussion about controversial topics etc. Whereas other people I was talking to on the day had the more expected 'why this subject, why Lancaster' kind of questions. Our interviews were in the morning and then the applicant day was basically being sat in a lecture theatre whilst there were talks about the course and some taster lectures. They provided us with free lunch too! As I said before, it's likely that this will be different for law but hopefully that may have helped! Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great! Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by leanneeyre
Hi! I can't speak for law because it may be different. However, I had an unconditional interview at the weekend for English Language. I received a email and a letter 2 weeks prior to my interview date with confirmed times and location etc. The interview was quite informal, the dress code is also informal (I wore jeans and t-shirt.) The interview styles seemed to differ depending on what interviewer people had. For example, mine was very debate based and we had a discussion about controversial topics etc. Whereas other people I was talking to on the day had the more expected 'why this subject, why Lancaster' kind of questions. Our interviews were in the morning and then the applicant day was basically being sat in a lecture theatre whilst there were talks about the course and some taster lectures. They provided us with free lunch too! As I said before, it's likely that this will be different for law but hopefully that may have helped! Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great! Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any :smile:

Thats absolutely great, thank you! Did they tell you when they would let you know if you were successful with the unconditional?
Reply 3
Original post by glitterburst
Thats absolutely great, thank you! Did they tell you when they would let you know if you were successful with the unconditional?

Different person, but I got my email telling me I was successful today so it should come less than a week afterwards! Good luck :-)
Original post by glitterburst

You're welcome! They told us on Saturday that we would get the decision within 2 weeks, however I received an email today saying I was successful so the timings may depend.
Hi, I just had my interview yesterday for economics (I was told I would get an unconditional if I was successful in the interview). I, personally, thought it didn’t go too well because they were talking about my personal statement the entire time and never asked me about my interests, why I liked the course, why Lancaster, etc. As a result, I’m acting quite pessimist! So, I was wondering when they would contact me regarding whether I passed or failed?, and how they would contact me, through email or post?
Hi, I just had my interview yesterday for economics (I was told I would get an unconditional if I was successful in the interview). I, personally, thought it didn’t go too well because they were talking about my personal statement the entire time and never asked me about my interests, why I liked the course, why Lancaster, etc. As a result, I’m acting quite pessimist! So, I was wondering when they would contact me regarding whether I passed or failed?, and how they would contact me, through email or post?
My daughter has an unconditional offer interview next month for economics. We would appreciate any guidance /info you can give please. Thank you
Original post by KarenBushell
My daughter has an unconditional offer interview next month for economics. We would appreciate any guidance /info you can give please. Thank you

Hi, your daughter should be prepared to discuss anything she put on her Personal Statement and also think about the general questions like "Why Economics?" and "Why Lancaster?" She might want to think about what attracted her to Lancaster over other Unis in the first place - like their collegiate system or the fact that they are a relatively small campus Uni. She doesn't need to dress too smartly - smart casual is fine - and she shouldn't worry too much. It will be informal and as they have already indicated that they are consisering her for an unconditional offer, they are already impressed by her. Remember that the interview is a two way process and they will be seeing it as a chance to "sell" themselves to good candidates as well as vice versa.

My daughter went to Lancaster (for Psychology) and she loved it there, so Good Luck to your daughter!
That’s really helpful. Her interview is this Saturday.
Thank you
Original post by harrysbar
Hi, your daughter should be prepared to discuss anything she put on her Personal Statement and also think about the general questions like "Why Economics?" and "Why Lancaster?" She might want to think about what attracted her to Lancaster over other Unis in the first place - like their collegiate system or the fact that they are a relatively small campus Uni. She doesn't need to dress too smartly - smart casual is fine - and she shouldn't worry too much. It will be informal and as they have already indicated that they are consisering her for an unconditional offer, they are already impressed by her. Remember that the interview is a two way process and they will be seeing it as a chance to "sell" themselves to good candidates as well as vice versa.

My daughter went to Lancaster (for Psychology) and she loved it there, so Good Luck to your daughter!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending