The Student Room Group

'I don't regret it': British IS schoolgirl wants to return to UK for her baby

Scroll to see replies

Why risk terrorism, no thanks, she stays.
Theres already a thread on this.
Reply 3

She will not get back in legally. She would be on the UK terror security list and would be blocked and quite rightly. Fighting for Isis against Britain.? She made her choice. Keep her out!
She made her bed when she left, now she gets to sleep in it.
it is sad for the offspring.... but that is the price we pay for peace and security.
Reply 6
She got brainwashed when she was just a dumb 15 year old. She's been amidst isis for last 4 years so she's never had a chance to be de-brainwashed. No one's ever told her yet that isis are fake and they are not the real Islamic Leadership party; Ofcourse she'll be saying she don't regret it. However she's denounced isis brutality 🙂
But what about her baby? Doesn't the kid deserve to grow up in the uk, away from the immediate influences of Isis?
I don't think she will be safe here either. maybe her child will.
Let's lay out the facts, shall we?

She's a British citizen. You can't revoke that citizenship without making her stateless and violating treaties we've ratified in the process. Being a British citizen, we can't block her coming back (unless we use certain other powers like Temporary Exclusion Orders).

She also deserves the right to a fair trial. If you don't give one citizen a fair trial, you might as well stop calling it a universal right.

Not to mention that her child, who is about to be born, has British citizenship as well, and hasn't done anything except have bad luck with their parentage.

However, with IS in decline, they're likely to adopt more 'traditional' methods of attack. Integrate militants back into their communities, forming undetected autonomous terrorist cells. She's a threat, plain and simple.

I'm not an expert, but terrorism does fascinate (and terrify) me. Here is my semi-informed suggestion. If she can make her way back, accept her into the country, detain her, investigate her, and ensure there are no immediate threats. When that's done, try her for membership of a proscribed organisation - that's five to ten years right there. You could add attendance at a place used for terrorist training; under the Terrorism Act 2006 that's another ten years. Take the child away, adopt it out or make it a ward of court. Enforce an order so that the child will never know who their mother is (cruel, perhaps, but necessary).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by EmCharles
But what about her baby? Doesn't the kid deserve to grow up in the uk, away from the immediate influences of Isis?

Probably but it's not our job to take in every child in need.As far as I'm concerned she's not really British.She might have citizenship but she joined a group who would destroy the West if they could.They look down on us and regard us as inferior in every way.Its clear she never saw herself as British.Even her family saw nothing wrong with dressing her up head to toe in a burka which goes against all our values.

Why should we take her back now? The child if it survives is innocent but that's not really our fault.Its entirely his mother's fault for running off to join a terrorist group.Thats just tough luck.Nobody made her join.I'm sure there are probably hundreds of refugee kids who are decent and kind and just as deserving.Probably many of those killed in the Paris attacks were also just as deserving.
She doesnt regret going, so even more reason to not let her back.
Original post by AJ126
Probably but it's not our job to take in every child in need.As far as I'm concerned she's not really British.She might have citizenship but she joined a group who would destroy the West if they could.They look down on us and regard us as inferior in every way.Its clear she never saw herself as British.Even her family saw nothing wrong with dressing her up head to toe in a burka which goes against all our values.

Why should we take her back now? The child if it survives is innocent but that's not really our fault.Its entirely his mother's fault for running off to join a terrorist group.Thats just tough luck.Nobody made her join.I'm sure there are probably hundreds of refugee kids who are decent and kind and just as deserving.Probably many of those killed in the Paris attacks were also just as deserving.

This, whilst true, doesn't negate the fact that she and the baby have rights as British citizens. She needs to come back and face jail, as well as reconditioning. The baby can be placed with another family that is able to protect them. Obviously she isn't capable of taking care of this child safely. The kid come become a millitant in 10-20 years, one with access to our country because they have the right to be here.
I'm talking legalities. She CAN come here. She is a British citizen. She just has to face the consequences of doing so.
Original post by AJ126
No she hasn't.So what if she was 15 so was I once.I didn't join a terror group.She can't claim ignorance of what they were doing.It was all over the news.Anyone who can watch a video of Isis burning someone alive and decide she wants to be a part of it is nothing more than human filth.She is not a victim.The victims were the people killed in terror attacks.Tell you what she can come back just as soon as she takes that bin- bag off her head.

Bin bag? So immature
Original post by AJ126
No she hasn't.So what if she was 15 so was I once.I didn't join a terror group.She can't claim ignorance of what they were doing.It was all over the news.Anyone who can watch a video of Isis burning someone alive and decide she wants to be a part of it is nothing more than human filth.She is not a victim.The victims were the people killed in terror attacks.Tell you what she can come back just as soon as she takes that bin- bag off her head.

wait what do u mean by taking that bin bag off her head?
Original post by AJ126

erm ur mixing citizenship with religious beliefs im afraid. Every British citizen isnt meant to be christian and has the the human right to follow any religion they want, dress the way they want and follow whatever culture they want.

Altough I believe she should not be brought back 1) risk of terrorism 2)she deserves it. It is not right throwing hate at her religion coz islam is the religion of peace, which many misinterpret.

Lets not be ignorant and make dumb Islamophobic arguments :smile:
Apparently it is a "false argument" as other ISIS fighters have been granted re-entry. I think the fact she's pregnant, the age she left, etc is what has made this story partially big in the new headlines...
No its definitely the minority. If "a lot" of Muslims believed in violence we would all be dead already.
someone has already replied but again, if a lot of muslims did then the earth wouldnt exist lol
Original post by Mactotaur
Let's lay out the facts, shall we?

She's a British citizen. You can't revoke that citizenship without making her stateless and violating treaties we've ratified in the process. Being a British citizen, we can't block her coming back (unless we use certain other powers like Temporary Exclusion Orders).

She also deserves the right to a fair trial. If you don't give one citizen a fair trial, you might as well stop calling it a universal right.

Not to mention that her child, who is about to be born, has British citizenship as well, and hasn't done anything except have bad luck with their parentage.

However, with IS in decline, they're likely to adopt more 'traditional' methods of attack. Integrate militants back into their communities, forming undetected autonomous terrorist cells. She's a threat, plain and simple.

I'm not an expert, but terrorism does fascinate (and terrify) me. Here is my semi-informed suggestion. If she can make her way back, accept her into the country, detain her, investigate her, and ensure there are no immediate threats. When that's done, try her for membership of a proscribed organisation - that's five to ten years right there. You could add attendance at a place used for terrorist training; under the Terrorism Act 2006 that's another ten years. Take the child away, adopt it out or make it a ward of court. Enforce an order so that the child will never know who their mother is (cruel, perhaps, but necessary).

i agree with ur points but i do think the woman has changed her views otherwise she wouldnt be wanting to come back to the UK after migrating to what she used to think is the khilafa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending