The Student Room Group

Does anyone else not drink Tea/Coffee?

I know its the world's social drink.

But I don't think I'll EVER drink tea or coffee. (like on a daily)

I can't stand tea, my family try and encourage me to drink tea, as in the usual English, PG tips, twinnings tea. It makes me feel bloated and heavy, and plus you don't know how many times have to go to the loo.

Coffee, I can have once in a while, again it makes me feel heavy. And i get headaches like all the time.

I can only basically have a glass of milk or hot chocolate :smile:, will i be made fun of? esp in the world of work?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumbleBee_x

I can't stand tea, my family try and encourage me to drink tea, as in the usual English, PG tips, twinnings tea. It makes me feel bloated and heavy, and plus you don't know how many times have to go to the loo.

Coffee, I can have once in a while, again it makes me feel heavy. And i get headaches like all the time.

I can only basically have a glass of milk or hot chocolate :smile:, will i be made fun of? esp in the world of work?

you could try herbal tea.... many people take their own bags to the office.
Reply 2
I agree... herbal tea is the best, especially peppermint tea
I don't drink hot drinks at all, and no one has ever really said anything. There's always the brief joking of 'how can you not drink tea/coffee?!' but that's literally the end of it.
I sometimes drink tea only once or twice a week or forth night. I don't drink Coffee. I usually drink Coke at least 3 cans a day. It gets me fuelled up. And energized like Coffee does I suppose. But my teeth are not greatfull even though I try look after them.
britishness intensifies
Original post by NetNeutrality
britishness intensifies

Meaning ?
Original post by liverpool1A
Meaning ?

its a joke lol as in the op doesnt drink tea britishness must intensify
Original post by NetNeutrality
its a joke lol as in the op doesnt drink tea britishness must intensify

I ain t British so sorry I didn't understand lol
I don't drink coffee and don't often drink tea. Nobody really bats an eyelid.
Reply 10
I don't drink it everyday either

I only really drink coffee in place of dessert if I go out for a meal
I hate tea, and only drink a coffee once in a while.
Reply 12
I have tried drinking coffee before but I just can’t get into it.
Reply 13
Wow i drink like 4 tea's a day feelscaloriesman
Same. I only drink very strong hot chocolate, but I don’t get derided for it.
I don't like tea or coffee either tbh. It was hugely problematic during my undergrad degree at Oxford because the whole place runs on the premise that you love tea and will drink it at any (read: every!) opportunity :nopity: My poor junior research fellow tutor person just couldn't understand that I didn't want to drink her tea, so I ended up having to drink it for 2 years just to appease her :tongue:
I absolutely hate coffee. No one bats an eyelid.
I love tea though.
Original post by HumbleBee_x

No hot chocolate is just as sociable a drink. Available at most coffee shops, costa & Starbucks e.g. They have some real good ones too.

Maybe try tea black no milk no sugar I also recommend tea leaves rather than bags much nicer but that's my own choice.
I used to drink a few cups of coffee per day but have cut this down. I've been drinking a lot of green tea recently.
Herbal/green tea is disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest