The Student Room Group

Job advice

What is a permanent contract. I want to get a job and Morrison's are hiring but its permanent and I need to leave in September for uni. I also have alot of events in the summer like concerts I am going to

Scroll to see replies

So what do I do about the concerts and then finishing for uni in September. Do I just fake a illness and then just quit in September
Its not several days off only 5
The problem is I asked KFC if they would give me a part time job with the college overseas trip I have and the concerts and uni open days off and they said no so I dunno what to do
Original post by travelcollegeguy
The problem is I asked KFC if they would give me a part time job with the college overseas trip I have and the concerts and uni open days off and they said no so I dunno what to do

Employers require employees to be more flexible throughout the week to meet the needs of the business. Students sometimes go for a zero hour contract as it is flexible around their coursework and lectures.
They can work when and as you may need to. But even that isn't always promising, because it also depends if the employer have the work available for you as well.
I'd say ask around - can you apply out of your local area?
yeah but not for long as starting uni soon
You can book holidays for the concerts/work your days off around the events. You can also transfer to a different store closer to your university in September (assuming you want to.) Morrison's guarantee at least 4 hours to any university students that are transferring because of uni.
What is a permanent contract. I want to get a job and Morrison's are hiring but its permanent and I need to leave in September for uni. I also have alot of events in the summer like concerts I am going to

It basically means your not on a zero hours contract. Which is great as there is full time work for you I guess. If it was 0 hours it would drive you crazy as your basically on call for the job.

Like has been mentioned before, apply for mcdonalds.
They are very flexible, and take on a lot of students.
When you go to uni, you can keep your job there, and go back in the summer/at xmas.
You can also see about transferring to a store near uni while at uni.
Original post by Emma:-)
Like has been mentioned before, apply for mcdonalds.
They are very flexible, and take on a lot of students.
When you go to uni, you can keep your job there, and go back in the summer/at xmas.
You can also see about transferring to a store near uni while at uni.

OP cannot apply to McDonalds as they have blacklisted him because he kept failing to turn up to his interviews.
Original post by BritishGirl
OP cannot apply to McDonalds as they have blacklisted him because he kept failing to turn up to his interviews.

Really?
I read a thread about that recently actually, but hadnt took much notice to who it actually was. Obviously its the same person.
Really?
I read a thread about that recently actually, but hadnt took much notice to who it actually was. Obviously its the same person.

Yeah that was me. I was worried about how people might see me having a job there
Yeah that was me. I was worried about how people might see me having a job there

It isnt bad working there you know.
If it was i wouldnt have worked there on and off for 9 years.

Not that that is much use to you anyway if you ave been blacklisted.

As I kept saying to you, having that kind of attitude will NOT help you get a job or anywhere in life.
As I kept saying to you, having that kind of attitude will NOT help you get a job or anywhere in life.

Exactly.
You either want a job or you dont.
If you arent sure about working there- why apply in the first place? (why apply once, let alone 3 or 4 times).
Exactly.
If you arent sure about working there- why apply in the first place? (why apply once, let alone 3 or 4 times).

Oh yeah I understand that and I do really want a job. If I was accepted now i would just go for the interview as I need some money before university and it might be flexible with my college studies. I was just worried what they might think of a 26 year old who is still at college and who had never worked before who is starting university in September.

Yeah I know that now. I don't mind any job now. I have applied for KFC but they haven't got back to me yet
Exactly.

OP needs to learn that no one is perfect in this world, but if those people think differently then obviously they don't live in reality (otherwise on a different planet :lol: :colonhash:).

I've personally stopped caring about other people's opinions about me because it's exactly none of their business what I do as it's my life - not theirs to control.
And before anyone gets at me I phoned up my local KFC to enquire about a job as they haven't advertised on their main site. The Other KFC i applied for was in another town and my local one just said pop your CV in so i am doing that on Wednesday. I also phoned up Pizza hut to see if they were hiring which they are so they said the same thing so there could be good news soon on the job front
I was just worried what they might think of a 26 year old who is still at college and who had never worked before who is starting university in September.

Trust me, there are few people who are in a worse position/situation than you are right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending