The Student Room Group

Inbetweeners should have another season

I think there should be a season 4 of inbetweeners in which they go to uni or other higher education
Anyone agree?

Scroll to see replies

Am i the only one who never really got into the inbetweeners.
Reply 2
Except all the actors are now closer to 40 than 18, so it wouldn't look remotely plausible.
Original post by Emma:-)

Nope. Couldn't stand it myself.
Original post by Emma:-)

Idk
But everyone I know at my college has seen the whole box set lol
Original post by Drewski
Except all the actors are now closer to 40 than 18, so it wouldn't look remotely plausible.

Oh lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Laurence010401
Idk
But everyone I know at my college has seen the whole box set lol

I know of a few who have seen it all.
But i never really liked it.
Original post by Drewski

Nope. Couldn't stand it myself.

Glad im not the only one.
No.

The worst thing is when they (tv show producers) milk more seasons out a show than is needed.
Nah - let it die in peace. It was great for the time, but the actors are old now - and the movies went further after they finished school anyway. - they didn't even all go to university.

I would watch a new serries about students though. I wasn't a big fan of 'fresh meat'. Something as iconic as 'the young ones' was for its day - but today.. would be worth a watch, but I just imagine it would end up as some generic focus-group formed sit-com type thing rather than what needs to happen, which is a genuinly out-there/different student-based comedy.
wouldnt work the moment has passed
Original post by fallen_acorns
Nah - let it die in peace. It was great for the time, but the actors are old now - and the movies went further after they finished school anyway. - they didn't even all go to university.

I would watch a new serries about students though. I wasn't a big fan of 'fresh meat'. Something as iconic as 'the young ones' was for its day - but today.. would be worth a watch, but I just imagine it would end up as some generic focus-group formed sit-com type thing rather than what needs to happen, which is a genuinly out-there/different student-based comedy.

Young ones is what my parents think I should watch lol
Did you not see the movies? They've already done their higher education and all probably got jobs now.
Fresh Meat did everything for yoony students that Inbetweeners did for skoolboys.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MindlessBlondDuck-small.gif
Young ones is what my parents think I should watch lol

I hope it still holds up well. My parents showed it to me when I was a teenager - probably 15 years ago now, and I loved it back then, but I haven't watched it since.
It was very of it’s time and probably not wanted in today’s #metoo days. Another series of this life would be good for the law students! Even if all 50 now.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Did you not see the movies? They've already done their higher education and all probably got jobs now.

I saw both movies before I knew there was a box set
That's true. I liked the series but the movie really put my off. The production team tried to cover up the lack of substance in the story with stupid sexual scenes.
Reply 17
I think there should be a season 4 of inbetweeners in which they go to uni or other higher education
Anyone agree?

They're too old now.

Also the world has got a lot more politically correct since Inbetweeners began.

I remember seeing an interview with one of the cast and he says he thinks if the Inbetweeners was released in 2018 instead of like 10 years ago it wouldn't have got the Ok, ...because it's too offensive for today's climate

Matt lucas basically said the same thing about Little Britain.
Too offensive for this era and wouldn't get the ok if being made today
It was funny at the time but re-watching it now all the humour is a bit cringey. My friends and I were in sixth form when it first came out so perfect for that age group but now we're in our mid 20s and it comes across as a bit naff. The movies were terrible too. There's only so many times you can recycle the same humour and the same jokes.
(edited 5 years ago)
I saw both movies before I knew there was a box set

How...

Quick Reply

Latest