The Student Room Group

Finding A levels easier then GCSEs AMA

Haven't posted in long time so might aswell do an AMA.

Not trying to be arrogant or anything I'm just bored :smile:
Reply 1
How do you deal with the increase in content? Also, do you not find the application in exams diff?
Reply 2
Original post by ra1500
How do you deal with the increase in content? Also, do you not find the application in exams diff?

1)If you organise yourself correctly you will rarely get stressed over the workload and content. Stuff like using your planner and making notes / revision material as you go along helps. Make sure to ask questions when stuck and go over stuff you weren't quite sure about in lessons.

2) I heard for sciences application is very different to GCSEs however I do English literature, history and RE and I find that they're more or less the same but with more broad questions that make you think about the content overall instead focusing on something specific.
Reply 3
what subjects do u do?
Reply 4
Yeah i do the opposite end of the spectrum LOL- bio chem and sociology. Theyre all difficult i think
Reply 5
Original post by Vits1
what subjects do u do?

English literature, history and philosophy, ethics and religion (RE) not really common subject options on this site lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Urbex
English literature, history and philosophy, ethics and religion (RE) not really common subject options on this site

Do u notice a jump up? How hard is really so far? What r u gonna be applying to hopefully? What u get in gcse
Reply 7
Original post by ra1500
Yeah i do the opposite end of the spectrum LOL- bio chem and sociology. Theyre all difficult i think

I was considering bio but it was best for me to do something more related to the degree I wanted to do at uni. I'm glad I didn't do it cause I would be struggling lol
Reply 8
Ah i see, have you applied to unis yet?
Think about your brain. Not in the intellectual sense, but in the physical sense, as a mass of flesh. Inside your relatively brittle skull. Picture that mass of flesh just by itself, sitting there, producing everything you are. That's f*cking nuts.

Also I may be a little high right now. #StonerThoughts

Shite, I didn't even ask a question. Urm...how's the weather in Uganda? :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by jonathanjames
Do u notice a jump up? How hard is really so far? What r u gonna be applying to hopefully? What u get in gcse

For history there was kind of a change that got me feeling uneasy at the start but as time went by I got used to it and I'm feeling really confident now in the subject. English I saw little change such as the texts getting harder and more.broader questions, for RE however I didn't do it at GCSE so I wouldn't know. I'm not the smartest student I only got 3 As 1 B and 4 Cs at GCSE. So far everything is going really well, I'm on doing better then expected and looking to push myself further. I'm applying to do Law
Reply 11
Original post by ra1500
Ah i see, have you applied to unis yet?

No I will be applying next year but I'm already doing my research and already looking at work experience etc
Reply 12
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Think about your brain. Not in the intellectual sense, but in the physical sense, as a mass of flesh. Inside your relatively brittle skull. Picture that mass of flesh just by itself, sitting there, producing everything you are. That's f*cking nuts.

Also I may be a little high right now. #StonerThoughts

Shite, I didn't even ask a question. Urm...how's the weather in Uganda? :redface:

It's 18°c in Uganda 😂
Original post by Urbex
It's 18°c in Uganda 😂

Damn, I'm booking a flight to Uganda right now then! Much warmer than my bedroom. Maybe's I'll meet the president Ugandan Knuckles when I get there :hmmmm:
Reply 14
Original post by Urbex
No I will be applying next year but I'm already doing my research and already looking at work experience etc

yeah deffo do some research, ive already applied im ******** the exams man

Quick Reply

Latest