The Student Room Group

Music gcse

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on music gcse and what I have to learn or any recommended sites I can use to study?
I really want to get an A* on my GCSE’s and need as much advice as possible.
Thanks x
Use teoria.com for loads of listening practice - I found it was the only thing that helped me improve my dictation marks :smile:
Hey, what board are you with?
Reply 3
Original post by hanselandpetal
Use teoria.com for loads of listening practice - I found it was the only thing that helped me improve my dictation marks :smile:

Thanks so much
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries

I'm not entirely sure but i think it could be AQA
Original post by carys265
I'm not entirely sure but i think it could be AQA

Ahh sorry, I'm OCR. I'll see what's on your syllabus and if we have some stuff in common, I'll PM you links to revision sources I use tomorrow. :smile:
Reply 6
Ahh sorry, I'm OCR. I'll see what's on your syllabus and if we have some stuff in common, I'll PM you links to revision sources I use tomorrow. :smile:

thanks that would be helpful
Reply 7

just found out its WJEC
Original post by carys265
just found out its WJEC

Ok, so first up choose your solo and ensemble pieces well. Aim for nothing less nor more than Grade 4 standard - there are no bonus marks for going above Grade 4.
#2, make your compositions as polished as you can. Have a solid melody line, with workable harmonies and some counterpoint. I wouldn't go for anything too complex in terms of instrumentation or vocal lines: two hands piano, a flute duet, or a SA duet should be fine.
Paper 3. This is 40%, so will ultimately divide the sheepies from the goats! I know the specification has changed, but get hold of the old listening papers, and work your way through those. Know your terms and your instruments, and for goodness sake make sure you have your set works at your fingertips.

Pob hwyl. Best wishes.
Reply 9
Original post by 学生の父
Ok, so first up choose your solo and ensemble pieces well. Aim for nothing less nor more than Grade 4 standard - there are no bonus marks for going above Grade 4.
#2, make your compositions as polished as you can. Have a solid melody line, with workable harmonies and some counterpoint. I wouldn't go for anything too complex in terms of instrumentation or vocal lines: two hands piano, a flute duet, or a SA duet should be fine.
Paper 3. This is 40%, so will ultimately divide the sheepies from the goats! I know the specification has changed, but get hold of the old listening papers, and work your way through those. Know your terms and your instruments, and for goodness sake make sure you have your set works at your fingertips.

Pob hwyl. Best wishes.

Thanks so much, is there any sites u recommend for the listening papers?

Quick Reply

Latest