The Student Room Group

Is it alright?

Hello so basically I’m a 20 year old girl turning 21 on May (everyone thinks I look 17 and even he thought so too) and I have a crush on this guy who does sports in college but turns out his younger then me 18 years old😭

Can I still give it a try with him? Date?
Original post by BB98X
Hello so basically I’m a 20 year old girl turning 21 on May (everyone thinks I look 17 and even he thought so too) and I have a crush on this guy who does sports in college but turns out his younger then me 18 years old😭

Can I still give it a try with him? Date?

You can give him a try he may be wanting in maturity but so are most men even those who are old.
Reply 2
Not at all an issue
Depends how mature he is I guess.
yes
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Depends how mature he is I guess.

Definitely, most guys I know that age are constantly bragging about doing all the new stuff, learning to drive, having sex for the first time, how hard they are. It's all cool at the time but when you've already done it all and it's clear they're just way behind you developmentally it might be a bit challenging.
Original post by tashkent46
Definitely, most guys I know that age are constantly bragging about doing all the new stuff, learning to drive, having sex for the first time, how hard they are. It's all cool at the time but when you've already done it all and it's clear they're just way behind you developmentally it might be a bit challenging.

Yep, when I was 18 I was all about hanging out with the boys, going out drinking, picking up girls and all that, just general stuff that fully grown men don't care much about :lol: Girls generally mature quicker than guys.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Yep, when I was 18 I was all about hanging out with the boys, going out drinking, picking up girls and all that, just general stuff that fully grown men don't care much about :lol: Girls generally mature quicker than guys.

I was raised by women so I matured quite quickly, a little too quickly in many ways! And slower in others ha, I've had to get more in touch with my masculine side.

There's nothing wrong with being with someone younger or older than you, maturity is often a mindset not an age. The age gap is tiny and the difference between the two of you is not that significant.
thas alright

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending