The Student Room Group

When should I start revising?

I am in year 10, and I am trying to figure out when is the best time to start revising.
I don’t want to start revising in year 11 as it going to be too much pressure on as it will already will be.
So should I start revising now, am I too late?
If so how many hours per day?
My school is ok but I am not sure if I am going to be able to get the grades I wanted, I really wanna be a medical doctor so the pressure is way more higher. I really want to get grade 9. Would you guys recormend me on how to?
Thank you.
Mate year 10 and you aren't doing at least 3 hours a day 5 at weekends????? You need to drop everything and start revising now or you are f*cked
1. You can start revising now, do the pomodoro technique, it keeps your mind calm and refreshes you after each session
2. Have a separate notebook for each subject to test yourself, do not write notes and do the tests on the same book , your notes will be all over the place
3. Do a lot of past papers
4. Stay calm throughout the whole process and drink a lot of water 👍🏼
Reply 3
You idiot, I literally see you everywhere being a troll in every damn post (Original post by Spanx)
Reply 5
Original post by baeoftae
You idiot, I literally see you everywhere being a troll in every damn post (Original post by Spanx)

I literally see why you've got no friends and think you're being bullied....people wanting nothing to do with you is not bullying, it seems it is just common sense.

:biggrin:
I already started revising but am I too late?
Reply 7
Start making revision resources ready for year 11. In English if you’ve gone over some poems and you have messy pencil annotations in your anthology, write up your notes in neat and order them according to form, structure, imagery etc. For sciences start writing up revision notes/mindmaps/flash cards or whatever works for you. Don’t spend hours revising, start with just half an hour or an hour on a Saturday/Sunday. My biggest advice is just start making revision resources and things to revise from. Eg mindmaps for history, notes for geography, etc. Don’t worry or stress yourself out, you have loads of time in year 10, just small but often. :smile:
Thx
Original post by Panicky student
I am in year 10, and I am trying to figure out when is the best time to start revising.
I don’t want to start revising in year 11 as it going to be too much pressure on as it will already will be.
My school is ok but I am not sure if I am going to be able to get the grades I wanted, I really wanna be a medical doctor so the pressure is way more higher. I really want to get grade 9. Would you guys recormend me on how to?
Thank you.

Hey! id say start asap, the sooner the better! But make sure you mke notes so you can go back over them :smile:
Good Luck!
Sophia
I didn't start until January of Year 11 and came out with mainly A*s and As. Like other people have said, its worth making revision material and maybe doing practice questions but nothing too intense until later on in your course.

Coral
Thx
Original post by Panicky student
Thank you.

Im in Year 13 and havent started intense revision for my a levels. Seriously relax your in year 10 of course revise for mocks and so on but dont kill yourself revising before you even get to year 11.
(edited 5 years ago)
I am seriously going to report you to the moderators because literally anything I comment on any post, you are the first one to mock me... stay in your limits
@Spanx
I am in Year 10 too, and I would advise you to start revision now.
And tbh it's not too late because we still have a lot of time.
Reply 15
Original post by baeoftae
I am seriously going to report you to the moderators because literally anything I comment on any post, you are the first one to mock me... stay in your limits
@Spanx

They'll just see your comments quoting me when I have absolutely nothing to do with you and you being abusive and a troll....go for your life.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending