The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Biochemistry/biotechnology - No maths A level

Is there anyone out there who has received an offer from Imperial for biochemistry or biotechnology without Maths A’ level? I achieved 11 A* at GCSE and I’ve got great predictions for my A levels (Biology, Chemistry and Geography) but almost everyone on these threads seems to be doing maths!
Original post by katecarey
Is there anyone out there who has received an offer from Imperial for biochemistry or biotechnology without Maths A’ level? I achieved 11 A* at GCSE and I’ve got great predictions for my A levels (Biology, Chemistry and Geography) but almost everyone on these threads seems to be doing maths!

It's common for potential STEM undergraduates to study mathematics. Very popular A-Level.

If Imperial do not specifically mention the need for A-Level maths, then you're fine :smile:

Moved to Imperial College London
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I have received my offer for Bsc biochemistry and I dont do alevel maths. Imperial just take a while to hand out offers :smile:
Original post by katecarey

Got an offer yesterday and no Maths A Level- although i did AS, but i don’t think they really count that
Reply 4
Original post by biochemistry19
I have received my offer for Bsc biochemistry and I dont do alevel maths. Imperial just take a while to hand out offers :smile:

That’s good news. What A levels are you doing?
I do Chemistry,Biology and Economics.

(Original post by katecarey)That’s good news. What A levels are you doing?
I'm applying with AP Tests (I'm from the U.S.) and my offer for biotech didn't even include maths, even though I am taking math tests. I don't think it will detract from your application!
Reply 7
This is good news. I still haven’t seen any home biotechnology offers but I will keep crossing my fingers!
Hey, I'm currently in Imperial 1st year doing biochemistry and didn't do maths A level - there are about 30% of people who didn't do maths A - level here. The maths element of the course is just an extension to the stuff you do in chemistry A-level (thermodynamics). There are also around 12 maths lectures in the 2nd term to get you up to scratch on the maths you need in the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending