The Student Room Group

Midwifery 2019 Interviews!

Hi everyone! Thought I'd start a thread for 2019 midwifery interviews to get us all chatting and give people a chance to humble-brag about their application progress. Plus, once people have been to an interview it'll give the rest of us to find out what to expect - hopefully settle any nerves anyone has!

I'll start: I'm a mature student at Bridgwater College (21) and I have two interviews from UWE (March) and Plymouth University (February) - really excited as they were my top two choices!

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Well done on getting your interviews!

I’ve applied to Southampton, Surrey, Bournemouth, Manchester and Nottingham.

I’ve received an interview for Surrey however Nottingham rejected me.

Do you know what sort of questions are asked in interviews? :smile:
Reply 2
Oh well done! I was rejected from Bournemouth and LJMU (however I didn’t really want to go to either of those due to distance so I’m not too bothered!) and I’m still waiting to hear from USW.

I have absolutely no idea what sort of questions they ask unfortunately. Handy tip though: someone from a uni admissions team came into our lecture one week and told us to wear something bright so that the interviewers remember you (I’m thinking a bright mustard blazer)
Reply 3
Hi i’m a mature student. I’ve applied to Canterbury and Greenwich. I’ve been invited to a numeracy test at Greenwich. If I pass that i’ll be invited to interview. Following this post with interest ! X
Reply 4
I also applied to Canterbury and Greenwich, I have numeracy test too. I have had my interview at Canterbury already and was told we wouldn’t find out until the end of feb, however, I heard that that five people have been offered places already. I haven’t heard anything, so I’m guessing I didn’t get through! :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Maxk83
I also applied to Canterbury and Greenwich, I have numeracy test too. I have had my interview at Canterbury already and was told we wouldn’t find out until the end of feb, however, I heard that that five people have been offered places already. I haven’t heard anything, so I’m guessing I didn’t get through! :frown:

Perhaps you are in reserve until they have seen all candidates. It seems crazy they are giving out so many places without seeing everyone first ! When is your numeracy test ? Mine is on the 23rd feb. Good luck xx
Reply 6
Yes maybe! Yeah well they did say that they wouldn’t offer anyone a place until everyone was seen as it wasn’t fair. Mine is 2nd feb good luck to you too x
Reply 7
Did you get a reply from Greenwich yet ?
Reply 8
Original post by Maxk83
Yes maybe! Yeah well they did say that they wouldn’t offer anyone a place until everyone was seen as it wasn’t fair. Mine is 2nd feb good luck to you too x

Mine was on that day too ? Have you got a response from them yet ?
Reply 9
Original post by Slam2
Did you get a reply from Greenwich yet ?

I passed test and have one to one interview tomorrow x
Reply 10
Original post by Slam2
Mine was on that day too ? Have you got a response from them yet ?

From Greenwich or Canterbury x
Reply 11
Original post by Maxk83

How was it indicated you passed the test ?
Reply 12
Original post by Maxk83

Good luck for your interview tomorrow Maxk83. I’m just waiting to go in for testing and interview for an access course. My back up plan in case I don’t get a place at uni this year.
Reply 13
Original post by Slam2
How was it indicated you passed the test ?

I had an email a couple days after inviting me to an interview x
Reply 14
Original post by Peggym
Good luck for your interview tomorrow Maxk83. I’m just waiting to go in for testing and interview for an access course. My back up plan in case I don’t get a place at uni this year.

thank you so much I got offered a place so I start September 2019! I’m literally over the moon! Good luck to you too x
Reply 15
Original post by Maxk83
thank you so much I got offered a place so I start September 2019! I’m literally over the moon! Good luck to you too x

Woohoo maxk83 what fantastic news ! Well done XX
Reply 16
Original post by Peggym
Woohoo maxk83 what fantastic news ! Well done XX

Maybe see you there x
Reply 17
My daughter (she's not on here) has had an interview at Cardiff (awaiting response so I can advise on the day's format for there, and has interviews coming up for Birmingham, Manchester, Swansea and UWE. She wore what she had on in the photo they asked her to bring - easy to match you up !
Reply 18
Original post by Maxk83
Maybe see you there x

Is it your first choice then ?
Fingers crossed ! How long after your test was the interview ? Any tips on the areas to revise for the maths test ? Fractions ? Percentages ?
I’m STILL waiting to hear from Canterbury. I called 2 weeks ago and they told me my application hadn’t been processed yet but it would be ASAP. That would probably be my first choice as the Medway campus is near me as is the hospital. X
Reply 19
Original post by Peggym
Is it your first choice then ?
Fingers crossed ! How long after your test was the interview ? Any tips on the areas to revise for the maths test ? Fractions ? Percentages ?
I’m STILL waiting to hear from Canterbury. I called 2 weeks ago and they told me my application hadn’t been processed yet but it would be ASAP. That would probably be my first choice as the Medway campus is near me as is the hospital. X

My interview was about 2 weeks after test, it’s just like you said a big everything decimals fractions percentages you’ll do fine! Yes I’ve still heard nothing from Canterbury x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending