The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alayna1234
I got rejected so :frown:

I am so sorry to hear that, I hope everything works out for you in terms of other Unis :frown:!!
Does anyone know where we have to go ?
Original post by James-peck
Does anyone know where we have to go ?

If you have been invited for an interview you'll have an email telling you where to go.
Hello everyone, I just wanted to say good luck to anyone with an interview tommorow, I'm sure you'll all do amazingly! :smile:
Hey guys, I haven’t seen a forum for Bristol gateway med so I thought I’d like you know about it

I had my interview on the 29th in January and two days back I got an email saying I’ve been put on hold.
This means I’ve met all the requirements which means I did well in the interview somehow? Anyways I’m happy because it was my first interview so I feel a little better about my future ones

Let me know about your experiences, wish I knew more people who were at the interview
Original post by Tasnim2608

This means I’ve met all the requirements which means I did well in the interview somehow?

No, it just means that the University hasnt made a decision about whether or not to make you an offer.
You cant actually read anything else into it than that.
Original post by returnmigrant
No, it just means that the University hasnt made a decision about whether or not to make you an offer.
You cant actually read anything else into it than that.

Putting an application on hold means that we have assessed the application and decided that the applicant meets the entry requirements for our offer, but we are unable to make a final decision.

That’s the official statement from their website that sent in a link I got in an email from the after my email. So surely it means they’ve assessed my interview and given me the all clear - yes I know it isn’t a guaranteed offer as others could do better than me in the interview but it does give me some hope I did well in the interview. Stop crushing my dreams lol I’m kidding
Ignore where I said after email I meant after my interview *sigh*
Putting an application on hold means that we have assessed the application and decided that the applicant meets the entry requirements for our offer, but we are unable to make a final decision.

That’s the official statement from their website that sent in a link I got in an email from the after my email. So surely it means they’ve assessed my interview and given me the all clear - yes I know it isn’t a guaranteed offer as others could do better than me in the interview but it does give me some hope I did well in the interview. Stop crushing my dreams lol I’m kidding

Ignore where I said after email. I meant after my interview *sigh*
I think that they said that they would reply within 3 weeks. They haven’t made any decisions yet hence pretty much everyone has been put on hold. No one has offers .org rejections yet (Original post by Tasnim2608)Ignore where I said after email I meant after my interview *sigh*

Original post by Gina27072001
I think that they said that they would reply within 3 weeks. They haven’t made any decisions yet hence pretty much everyone has been put on hold. No one has offers .org rejections yet (Original post by Tasnim2608)Ignore where I said after email I meant after my interview *sigh*

You may be right but the thing is, I know someone who haven’t even been put on hold and has the interview when I did. So I’d like to thinks it’s because they’ve already reviewed my interview and I met the criteria and they haven’t gone through the others.
Wow my spelling and punctuation is a joke
You may be right but the thing is, I know someone who haven’t even been put on hold and has the interview when I did. So I’d like to thinks it’s because they’ve already reviewed my interview and I met the criteria and they haven’t gone through the others.

It might be, but I know like 5 people who have applied to the same course and all of them have been on hold. Just seems like a coincidence. Also two of my friends that applied for medicine/dentistry 5 years have also been put on hold.
It might be, but I know like 5 people who have applied to the same course and all of them have been on hold. Just seems like a coincidence. Also two of my friends that applied for medicine/dentistry 5 years have also been put on hold.

Let’s just be positive haha

You're very lucky, congrats! I had an interview on the 29th as well and have heard nothing but radio silence and judging by how sub par the interview was for me, I think a rejection is imminent which is a shame but there is nothing I can do about it now. I did a lot of prep but I must say none of it prepared me for how those stations went. Best of luck to everyone though, I met some great people on the day :smile:

Christ has everyone and their mum been put on hold? The people there did say the majority of people would get put on hold so I wouldn't think too much in to it, you're right. However being put on hold is at least a step above a rejection. :smile:
Original post by Sanjana Shibu
Christ has everyone and their mum been put on hold? The people there did say the majority of people would get put on hold so I wouldn't think too much in to it, you're right. However being put on hold is at least a step above a rejection. :smile:

Exactly that’s what I’m trying to say, don’t stress about it
i had my interview on the 29th, has anyone heard back yet?

i've heard nothing, no rejection, offer or on-hold
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by studier4life
i had my interview on the 29th, has anyone heard back yet?

i've heard nothing, no rejection, offer or on-hold

I am in the exact same situation, how did you feel you did on the day? :smile:
Original post by Sanjana Shibu
I am in the exact same situation, how did you feel you did on the day? :smile:

not too bad actually, I think I did quite well on 2 or 3 of the stations and fair in the rest but idk, wbu?
Original post by studier4life
not too bad actually, I think I did quite well on 2 or 3 of the stations and fair in the rest but idk, wbu?

I found it so hard, so infuriating because I am usually good at interviews, but probably because I was so nervous I just rambled on irrelevant topics for the vast majority of stations, did not mention work experience and just all round did quite sub par, looking at the situation objectively. I'm happy to hear it went well for you, good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending