The Student Room Group

Making it to May

My GCSES are this year, which is very scary to say! I decided to join the many blogs in grow your grades to give me that extra motivation.

Wish me luck :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Best of luck!! :rave:
Which subjects do you do? :holmes:
Reply 2
Original post by nyxnko_
Best of luck!! :rave:
Which subjects do you do? :holmes:

Thank you!! 😊 I do obviously Maths and English language and literature, Religious studies which is compulsory for us, triple science, German, history and food preparation and nutrition.
Reply 3
Update 1: my productive plan

I‘m aiming to start my revision in the next few weeks for GCSES. But, there is some changes I found I need to make after revising for my mocks. Here they are, I can guarantee as I write there will be lots more than I anticipated 😂

1) Update my revision timetable:
- increasing the time for revision of Food Preparation and Nutrition.
- schedule time for updating revision sources
2) Come up with a way to revise my poetry effectively for my mock exam- any tips are welcome!!!
3) Workout how much time I have to revise each section in Biology, Chemistry and Physics so I can make sure I fit it all in.
4) Finish my History notes.

Hopefully this is done by the end of the week! I‘ll update later :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Update 2:

I haven’t updated for a while 🥺 and my last post was my to do list so let’s get started there! I updated my revision time table and although I‘m yet to trial it, it’s pinned up. My history notes are completely update, but I‘m very worried 😟 that my teacher isn’t going to be able to finish the GCSE before the exam- anyone else in this situation?

My school has started the revision sessions at lunch which means I now have no lunch times free, but on the bright side 🤓 I‘m finding them very useful.

I have a German speaking mock in February and the real thing is in April. Any tips on preparing would be very useful!

Finally, I‘m doing my Food tech NEA 2 which we can prepare information for outside of lesson but the actual writing up can only be done in the lesson. However, it’s a lot more time consuming than I expected. I have come up with 2 dishes but I need 1 more 🌭🍔🥙 so hopefully with a bit more research I‘ll come up with one.

How is your revision and workload going?
- bye for now 😊
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Update 3:

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel as though I have no time for anything. 🥺
My life has just become eat, sleep and revise and it’s exhausting me 😴 I wish I had just a couple more hours in the day. The homework is piling up and I have a maths test tomorrow and a physics and chemistry test next week.

On a more positive note, it’s giving heavy snow ❄️ tomorrow night so FINGERS CROSSED 🤞🏻 I‘ll be off on Wednesday and I can catch up on revision and note making. 😊

Part from wishing there were more hours in the day, I‘m slowly getting back into my revising routine but I haven’t fully got into my revision timetable. As well as that my school is counting down in WEEKS, 11 weeks if you want to know (sorry if I panicked you) which sounds freakily short 😫but if you say it in days it’s 121 so...

Any tips welcome or if you want help then drop me a comment and I’ll try and help. 😂

-bye for now 🤪
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
good luck with those tests :rave:
Reply 7
Original post by nyxnko_
good luck with those tests :rave:

Thank you 😊, unfortunately though the snow hasn’t come heavy! 😞
Reply 8
Original post by emma543
Thank you 😊, unfortunately though the snow hasn’t come heavy! 😞

oh that's a shame :console:
Reply 9
Original post by nyxnko_
oh that's a shame :console:

The weather is against me!! 😞
Reply 10
Update 4:

Currently I‘m on a 20 mins revision break so I‘ll give a little update. I just did a mind map on my Last Duchess and I‘m feeling much happier ☺️with revising the poems however I‘m still very stuck on how to revise which poems to compare to. I have 30 minutes of chemistry and 30 minutes of physics tonight to revise and then hopefully I‘ll have some time to do a bit of note making. 😅

Today I did a maths test, it’s was a non-calculator paper 1 and it was AWFUL! I know I have done terrible and it’s so annoying 😞 My teacher is very fast at marking so I’ll probably get it back tomorrow- dreading it! If you don’t hear an update from me I probably did embarrassingly bad and I’ll be sobbing under my duvet 😂

- bye for now 😎
Original post by emma543
The weather is against me!! 😞

:lol:
aww i'm sure that maths test wasn't so bad :nah: besides, boundaries tend to be lower if everyone does badly :yes:
Reply 12
Update 5: revising is shattering me 😴

I‘m not going to talk about my maths test, but I know I can do better 😊

At the moment I have found I‘m lacking motivation to revise, which is very unlike me! It might seem weird but I think I’m going to blame the weather as it’s so gloomy ☔️. Any tips on getting motivated are welcome! As well as this, I‘m so tired and I don’t know why.

Tomorrow I’m getting a history exam question back (test) which I think went well, but I also have a chemistry test first thing tomorrow on Organic Chemistry. But I’m feeling prepared so fingers crossed it goes well 🤞🏻. Next week I have a physics test on waves and on Wednesday I have another history exam question! YAY ☺️

- bye for now 🤣
Reply 13
Update 6: Half-Term Plan 🥳

In my last update I told you about my tests, however I feel a bit weird about talking about my grades as I feel like I‘m bragging. If your interested in knowing about them then leave a comment! 🤓😎

I‘m feeling much more motivated with revising and I thinks it’s because of the blue sky. ☀️ Which is good for me as I’m planning on my half term being very productive.

So, onto my plan. I made a revision time table especially for half term rather than just my usual
one. I made sure to put a lot of German Speaking and English literature on the time table as I have 2 mocks after half term. I also have my Food tech NEA 2 3-hour practical 🍦 after half term, which is worth 35% of my final grade, so I NEED practice 😂. I want to complete a full maths paper and full English language paper by the end of half-Term, so I can get them marked when I go back and get an grade. 😅😅 I also want to update my notes 📝 plus A LOAD of homework!!! Not too much to do...

- toodles 😊
Reply 14
Update 7: the beginning of the productive plan 🤗

First of all, I was browsing through other people’s grow your grade blogs and theirs look so cute and organised! 😍How do I do that? If you don’t know what I’m on about they’re all split into sections, sort of like a book. Help me!!! 😢

Saturday and Sunday sort of just flew 😆by really, I have just been so busy! But I managed to get all my homework done so I can purely just focus on revision this half term! 👍🏻

So far revision is going weIl 😇! I worked on my 3-hour time plan, which is a lot harder than I thought to do, but is weirdly enjoyable?! I then prepared some German answers for my speaking, I think I need to come up with some thinking phrases to by myself sometime. I learnt 4 quotes for the poems and made a mindmao for poppies. Did a maths paper and made some physics notes! All in all a very productive today. Haha, sorry it’s boring! 🤣

Tomorrow I’m going shopping with my family, which will be a nice break! 😌

The only problem I’m having with revising is by the end of the day I’m shattered 😴and literally cannot be bother to do anything. Like at the moment while I’m writing this I’m actually just putting off practising my violin 🎻 😂!

Hopefully I’ll finally practise my violin and then I think for the rest of the night i‘m going to chill and perhaps maybe do some history notes!

I have no idea if anyone is reading this. But as I said in my last update if you want me to write about my mocks exams, or post 16 plans or my revision methods then reply below. 🤔 As to be honest I have no idea really what people want to read in grow your grades. 🤯

Auf Wiedersehen 👋🏻
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by emma543
Update 7: the beginning of the productive plan 🤗

First of all, I was browsing through other people’s grow your grade blogs and theirs look so cute and organised! 😍How do I do that? If you don’t know what I’m on about they’re all split into sections, sort of like a book. Help me!!! 😢

Saturday and Sunday sort of just flew 😆by really, I have just been so busy! But I managed to get all my homework done so I can purely just focus on revision this half term! 👍🏻

So far revision is going weIl 😇! I worked on my 3-hour time plan, which is a lot harder than I thought to do, but is weirdly enjoyable?! I then prepared some German answers for my speaking, I think I need to come up with some thinking phrases to by myself sometime. I learnt 4 quotes for the poems and made a mindmao for poppies. Did a maths paper and made some physics notes! All in all a very productive today. Haha, sorry it’s a boring! 🤣

Tomorrow I’m going shopping with my family, which will be a nice break! 😌

The only problem I’m having with revising is by the end of the day I’m shattered 😴and literally cannot be better to do anything. Like at the moment while I’m writing this I’m actually just putting off practising my violin 🎻 😂!

Hopefully I’ll finally practise my violin and then I think for the rest of the night i‘m going to chill and perhaps maybe do some history notes!

I have no idea if anyone is reading this. But as I said in my last update if you want me to write about my mocks exams, or post 16 plans or my revision methods then reply below. 🤔 As to be honest I have no idea really what people want to read in grow your grades. 🤯

Auf Wiedersehen 👋🏻

hello! I have been reading them and they sound so stressful! I'd love to hear about your mocks and revision techniques!
Reply 16
Original post by SmartUnicorn
hello! I have been reading them and they sound so stressful! I'd love to hear about your mocks and revision techniques!

Heyyyy!! I‘de be happy to share in my next update ☺️ What year are you in? How have you found revision?
Reply 17
Original post by emma543
Heyyyy!! I‘de be happy to share in my next update ☺️ What year are you in? How have you found revision?

Also just found this, and defo will keep reading but im in year 11 and revision is coming along I suppose x
Original post by emma543

great! I'm in year 10 ,♡
Reply 19
Original post by SmartUnicorn
great! I'm in year 10 ,♡

What subjects did you take for your GCSE? 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending