The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Offer Holders 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lilyfuturemedic
Hi I got allocated York !! Who is going to the offer holder day on the 23rd March ??

Me!
Reply 21
Original post by Bajoai
Me!

Ayy see you again on the 23rd!
i got allocated York - grad student :smile:
Original post by jemblades

Grad student at York also! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by derm1208
Grad student at York also! :smile:

Original post by jemblades

I'm also a grad student allocated to York! :smile:
Reply 25
Congratulations to all HYMS offer holders, lets use this forum to share course information, accommodations, way forward after receiving the offer :smile:
Reply 26
Current HYMS medics, will appreciate any information you can provide to the 2019 offer holders. Many thanks
Reply 27
I got my offer through on Friday and got a congratulations email but haven’t got my info about where I’m allocated etc. Any ideas?
Reply 28
I was just wondering if it was compulsory to go to the applicant day? or is it optional?
Reply 29
Original post by shkolla
I was just wondering if it was compulsory to go to the applicant day? or is it optional?

it’s completely optional! some people may decide not to go especially if HYMS isn’t one of their top choices! for example I’m still undecided if I’ll go to the applicant day because I’m waiting on an offer from my top choice (HYMS being my 2nd choice)
Reply 30
oh okay thank you! I am still waiting for my top choice as well haha
Any current Hull medics out there.
If you are allocated Hull will you still have access to York (like a second student card etc???

Is it also advisable to learn how to drive asap? Looking at the distances between Hull, scunthorpe and York and the fact that the trains are q expensive is driving the best option from years 3 to 5.

Also, has anyone at HYMS intercalated...is it advisable to do so?
Original post by Rohann7
I got my offer through on Friday and got a congratulations email but haven’t got my info about where I’m allocated etc. Any ideas?

I’m the same🙃
Reply 33
Original post by resilientmedic
Any current Hull medics out there.
If you are allocated Hull will you still have access to York (like a second student card etc???

Is it also advisable to learn how to drive asap? Looking at the distances between Hull, scunthorpe and York and the fact that the trains are q expensive is driving the best option from years 3 to 5.

Also, has anyone at HYMS intercalated...is it advisable to do so?

Do you know if they'll provide parking spaces for the first years if we live in halls etc?
Reply 34
Anyone who received York campus want to switch to Hull?
Reply 35
Original post by rico505
Do you know if they'll provide parking spaces for the first years if we live in halls etc?

Nope ... unless you qualify as a blue card holder
Original post by Kokey
Nope ... unless you qualify as a blue card holder

Maybe I’ll break my legs in a “skiing accident” Do I get free parking then?
Reply 37
does anyone know if last year someone successfully switched their campus allocation from Hull to York campus
Reply 38
Original post by rue16
does anyone know if last year someone successfully switched their campus allocation from Hull to York campus

That’s exactly what I’m trying to do :/
Has everyone here also been offered A*AB if hull york is your firm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending