The Student Room Group

Finding bugs on my bed

Hi guys,
So I’ve had this issue for a couple of months now. I initially thought I had bed bugs so I changed my mattress but I still keep finding bugs on my bed. I’m on the top bunk of the bunk bed and my brother in the bottom bunk doesn’t seem to have this problem. I bought a spray (insect repellent) to get rid of them but they still keep coming back. At this point idk what to do. Please help me because my mum won’t let me sleep in the living room and I have a big fear of bugs. Also the bug I saw today was a small dark red bug that is quite fast. I’ve seen brown bugs who quite slim in the middle and crawl quite fast and also veryyyyyy thin worms me.I only see one at a time every couple weeks. Please I can’t live like this any longer. Please don’t joke about because I have a real phobia and this is a seers situation for me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,
So I’ve had this issue for a couple of months now. I initially thought I had bed bugs so I changed my mattress but I still keep finding bugs on my bed. I’m on the top bunk of the bunk bed and my brother in the bottom bunk doesn’t seem to have this problem. I bought a spray (insect repellent) to get rid of them but they still keep coming back. At this point idk what to do. Please help me because my mum won’t let me sleep in the living room and I have a big fear of bugs. Also the bug I saw today was a small dark red bug that is quite fast. I’ve seen brown bugs who quite slim in the middle and crawl quite fast and also veryyyyyy thin worms me.I only see one at a time every couple weeks. Please I can’t live like this any longer. Please don’t joke about because I have a real phobia and this is a seers situation for me.

BUMP
Reply 3
Hi guys,

What kind of bugs are they?
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
What kind of bugs are they?

They’re not bed bugs slightly bigger than bed bugs. The one I saw yesterday was a dark red bug that crawls quite fast. Maybe like the size of ant or slightly larger. The ones I’ve seen before include a slight brown ish bug who has quite a skinny narrow body and crawls quite fast.
maybe try cleaning out your whole room, hoover in every corner to make sure theres no food or anything attracting them. do you keep your window open a lot, cause that may be why theres so many. I had a problem like this, not the same bugs, but i just hoovered all around my room and cleaned up and they went away!
Reply 6
They’re not bed bugs slightly bigger than bed bugs. The one I saw yesterday was a dark red bug that crawls quite fast. Maybe like the size of ant or slightly larger. The ones I’ve seen before include a slight brown ish bug who has quite a skinny narrow body and crawls quite fast.

What kind of land do you live on? What state is your house/room in, is there damage to the plaster or anything?
Reply 7
Original post by nintysixthousand
maybe try cleaning out your whole room, hoover in every corner to make sure theres no food or anything attracting them. do you keep your window open a lot, cause that may be why theres so many. I had a problem like this, not the same bugs, but i just hoovered all around my room and cleaned up and they went away!

Thanks for the suggestion, this is something I did a few weeks ago.I completely deep cleaned my whole room but fast forward a couple weeks later I’m still seeing them. My window is closed 99% of the time
Reply 8
Original post by Tootles
What kind of land do you live on? What state is your house/room in, is there damage to the plaster or anything?

I don’t know what you mean exactly but I live in on the second floor of an apartment in quite an urbanised area of London.My room is clean and the rest of the house is really clean. No damage to the plaster:
Reply 9
I don’t know what you mean exactly but I live in on the second floor of an apartment in quite an urbanised area of London.My room is clean and the rest of the house is really clean. No damage to the plaster:

Ah OK. Well, get some pictures of them and get your parents to talk to your landlord (I assume you rent).
Reply 10
The ‘very thin worms’ are unfortunately called thread worms. Very easy to treat but a bit disturbing haha. See ur gp

I will find you anonymous, and I will uncover your identity :unimpressed:
Original post by Tootles
Ah OK. Well, get some pictures of them and get your parents to talk to your landlord (I assume you rent).

Its a council house so our landlord is the council. Can you please tell me how to get rid of this problem?
Original post by YasudaSayo
The ‘very thin worms’ are unfortunately called thread worms. Very easy to treat but a bit disturbing haha. See ur gp

Honestly so disturbing I shiver even thinking about it. How do I get rid of it please? How is my go going to help lmao?
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I will find you anonymous, and I will uncover your identity :unimpressed:

What have I done lmao?
What have I done lmao?

Nuffin, I just wanna know who you are lel
Someone please help me get rid of this pleaseeeeee.otherwise I’m gonna have to sleep on my desk.
tell ur bro that youre scared of heights then sleep on the bottom bunk
Reply 18
Its a council house so our landlord is the council. Can you please tell me how to get rid of this problem?

Do you get on well with your brother? If not, has it occured to you that he might be putting them in your bed? If you do get on well with him, then you could try using stronger insecticide, or clean out your bed more often? Is your house particularly old? If you have another area which you could sleep in in your house that wouldn't be a bad idea. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

So contact the council.

No, I can't. I have no expertise in pest control. You need to get the council to inspect the house to determine if you need to get exterminators in, because it sounds like you might.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending