The Student Room Group

Southampton vs Warwick Vs UCL for Physics

My offers are:
Warwick- A*AA, UCL- AAA, Southampton- AAB

I like all of these universities and I can't decide which I should put as my firm and insurance. Please help
Reply 1
I would say UCL based on prestige and because it’s in London (a city that I truly love). Anyway, I have applied for physics as well and I am still hoping to get an offer although it has been around 3.5 months already. How much time after receiving your application do they send you an offer?
Warwick would be my choice, mostly because I've been there and I love it. There's minimal difference in prestige between Warwick and UCL and it depends on who you ask and what you're doing. What sort of uni do you like? Do you want to a campus (Warwick) or London?
Reply 3
Original post by 1Person
I would say UCL based on prestige and because it’s in London (a city that I truly love). Anyway, I have applied for physics as well and I am still hoping to get an offer although it has been around 3.5 months already. How much time after receiving your application do they send you an offer?

I got my offers from UCL and Warwick in December and for Southampton was November. I applied mid-october so it took a couple of months
Reply 4
Original post by Khushal101
I got my offers from UCL and Warwick in December and for Southampton was November. I applied mid-october so it took a couple of months

Did UCL invite you to attend an interview day?
Reply 5
Original post by BoJangles309
There's minimal difference in prestige between Warwick and UCL and it depends on who you ask and what you're doing.

Inside the UK it's probably so, but outside UCL is much better known.
Reply 6
Original post by 1Person
Did UCL invite you to attend an interview day?

It was an offer holder open day, they didn't ask for an interview, it was just a conversation with a professor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending