The Student Room Group

Panic attacks

Help..... I accepted an unconditional place at Bangor University at the beginning of the year but for the last few days I have been having panic attacks and feel that I am not ready to leave home and need to travel daily to a local University ......what can I do???
Original post by Sezdoh
Help..... I accepted an unconditional place at Bangor University at the beginning of the year but for the last few days I have been having panic attacks and feel that I am not ready to leave home and need to travel daily to a local University ......what can I do???

Hello,

I have a few options I think would be helpful for you to explore:

- Talk to someone about this - Primarily I would speak to the university and your parents. Talking to the university should help alleviate whatever concerns you may have whether this is the idea itself of moving away from home, in with others or how to manage bills. At Liverpool Hope University we have a Student development and Well-being team that looks after students throughout their entire time at the university and I'm sure your university will have the same or a similar department available.

- Weigh out the Pros and Cons of your options. Is the same course available? Is it accredited in Bangor and not locally? Are you going to be able to perform better at university closer to home than away? I would recommend making a list of pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.

Going to University can feel scary for most especially if moving away (I know I was nervous when I moved away) so making sure you have looked at the university as a whole and speaking to them direct about your situation can be really helpful when deciding.

If I can offer one other piece of advice it would be to simply do what feels right for you.

I wish you all the best and hope this helps!

Patrick :lep:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello,

I have a few options I think would be helpful for you to explore:

- Talk to someone about this - Primarily I would speak to the university and your parents. Talking to the university should help alleviate whatever concerns you may have whether this is the idea itself of moving away from home, in with others or how to manage bills. At Liverpool Hope University we have a Student development and Well-being team that looks after students throughout their entire time at the university and I'm sure your university will have the same or a similar department available.

- Weigh out the Pros and Cons of your options. Is the same course available? Is it accredited in Bangor and not locally? Are you going to be able to perform better at university closer to home than away? I would recommend making a list of pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.

Going to University can feel scary for most especially if moving away (I know I was nervous when I moved away) so making sure you have looked at the university as a whole and speaking to them direct about your situation can be really helpful when deciding.

If I can offer one other piece of advice it would be to simply do what feels right for you.

I wish you all the best and hope this helps!

Patrick :lep:

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom Patrick. Definitely things to consider.....
Original post by Sezdoh
Thanks so much for your words of wisdom Patrick. Definitely things to consider.....

Hi Sezdoh :biggrin:

You are very welcome!

If you have any further questions or need more advice feel free to send us a PM.

Amy :shakehand:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending