The Student Room Group

4 months then A Levels are over!!

I'm pretty sure 4 months or around that time is how long we' ve got left till our last a level exams are over !! I can't tell if I'm happy,sad, excited about that at all how are you guys feeling
I'm s******g myself! :tongue:
Only approx 3 months until exams :frown:
But yes excited for it to be all over! :smile:
Original post by applesandalevels
I'm pretty sure 4 months or around that time is how long we' ve got left till our last a level exams are over !! I can't tell if I'm happy,sad, excited about that at all how are you guys feeling

I dont understand how the ending of education gives you the motivation to do well
Original post by BlackPeopleGood
I dont understand how the ending of education gives you the motivation to do well

It's the ending of 2 years of tough, hard work. The education is not over, just one part is... Still got all of the other learning to do yet! :smile:
Original post by Ivy2611
It's the ending of 2 years of tough, hard work. The education is not over, just one part is... Still got all of the other learning to do yet! :smile:

Fair enough. But it triggers me how parents pay their kids something like £100 for every A* they get at A level or even gcse. Surely the grades themselves are enough reward

since everything we do is judged by the answer so on our papers, it’s the way people can examine us (well minus resists but i don’t think msny ppl want that) plus it’s a f you to people who didn’t believe in you
Original post by Ivy2611

yep not finished any of my courses :’)) two sciences too
Fair enough. But it triggers me how parents pay their kids something like £100 for every A* they get at A level or even gcse. Surely the grades themselves are enough reward

well i mean i guess it’s a motivation especially if their kid wants something but hey ho

True
But maybe the money is a gift from the parents to show how proud they are of their children / if the child wanted something they couldn't have before etc... nothing wrong with that.
Original post by Ivy2611
I'm s******g myself! :tongue:
Only approx 3 months until exams :frown:
But yes excited for it to be all over! :smile:

same lmao haven’t finished any of my courses but i’m looking forward to summer!!
same lmao haven’t finished any of my courses but i’m looking forward to summer!!

:cool::goodluck:

I've never been so happy myself. To finish the lessons I'm studying now that I despise at is overwhelming to say the least and going to to study only your favourite lessons gives me so much motivation. I don't think I'll miss going to college that much compared to High school which I miss a lot. Also, I got a fat break until I go to Uni in October so I'm excited

well i mean i guess it’s a motivation especially if their kid wants something but hey ho

Original post by Ivy2611
True
But maybe the money is a gift from the parents to show how proud they are of their children / if the child wanted something they couldn't have before etc... nothing wrong with that.

As a wise woman once said, virtue is its own reward. But I'm sure that at £100 a pop, virtue's reward will come sugar coated!
Original post by 学生の父
As a wise woman once said, virtue is its own reward. But I'm sure that at £100 a pop, virtue's reward will come sugar coated!

The kids dont deserve it is what my point is, given that they need to be paid in order to be motivated to work.
The kids dont deserve it is what my point is, given that they need to be paid in order to be motivated to work.

no i understand i guess it's a last resort rlly instead of acc motivation

Quick Reply

Latest