The Student Room Group

Not replying to a text

I've been dating this boy for 6 months now and were long distance it's going great but all the sudden and it flippin pissing me off, he says something then i reply (obviously) and he doesn't reply after 10 minutes and i'm like okay he's busy then i text him again with another reply doesn't reply. 30 minutes goes by and he replies with one word or something, it's actually really really upsetting me he doesn't even say i love u anymore i have to say it for him to reply. I don't want to start an argument with him disappearing, like he knows my daily routine ish...i don't know anything so when he disappears **** knows what he's doing. It's really really really getting on my nerves! like i'm upset and i'm angry at the same time!

Any tips?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah
Have you tried talking to him about it? Honestly he could just be busy or have things going on at home but if it's effecting you like this then there should be no harm in asking him if he has not got anything to hide. Six months is usually the time that the honey moon stage ends so you guys may just be reaching the crappy part of the relationship which I like to call 'the fight zone'. You can guess what this entails but seriously talk to him and make it clear that although it's upsetting you, you don't want to start an argument and you just want to talk so that you both can happy. Hope this helps~
Why do people always assume the worst, that is that he’s not interested in you, he could’ve had to take out the trash, maybe he dropped a glass and he had to sweep it up, maybe his house was burning down, maybe his phone died, maybe a spasm invaded his hand, maybe he went to the loo to take a dump, but nooooo, he obviously has to be uninterested in you so much that he rudely ignores your texts, clearly.
Reply 4
Original post by SoftGingerCat
Have you tried talking to him about it? Honestly he could just be busy or have things going on at home but if it's effecting you like this then there should be no harm in asking him if he has not got anything to hide. Six months is usually the time that the honey moon stage ends so you guys may just be reaching the crappy part of the relationship which I like to call 'the fight zone'. You can guess what this entails but seriously talk to him and make it clear that although it's upsetting you, you don't want to start an argument and you just want to talk so that you both can happy. Hope this helps~

thank you so much! we've argued a couple of times but we always talk our way out. Sorry to ask but how do i bring the subject up and also what should i say? I really don't want to start something...
Reply 5
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Why do people always assume the worst, that is that he’s not interested in you, he could’ve had to take out the trash, maybe he dropped a glass and he had to sweep it up, maybe his house was burning down, maybe his phone died, maybe a spasm invaded his hand, maybe he went to the loo to take a dump, but nooooo, he obviously has to be uninterested in you so much that he rudely ignores your texts, clearly.

right right true true...but how would you feel when someone doesn't reply in 2 hours? you would get a bit worried...
Reply 6
sure
Reply 7
Original post by Spanx
sure

helpful hahahaha
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating this boy for 6 months now and were long distance it's going great but all the sudden and it flippin pissing me off, he says something then i reply (obviously) and he doesn't reply after 10 minutes and i'm like okay he's busy then i text him again with another reply doesn't reply. 30 minutes goes by and he replies with one word or something, it's actually really really upsetting me he doesn't even say i love u anymore i have to say it for him to reply. I don't want to start an argument with him disappearing, like he knows my daily routine ish...i don't know anything so when he disappears **** knows what he's doing. It's really really really getting on my nerves! like i'm upset and i'm angry at the same time!

Any tips?

Sounds like you aren't communicating how you're feeling clearly with him. Video call and tell him what you've told us, express your emotions to him. Then let him respond and you can have a conversation to work out a solution. It won't get better if you talk to other people instead of him.
right right true true...but how would you feel when someone doesn't reply in 2 hours? you would get a bit worried...

You take these things with a pinch of salt, no ones saying it’s not annoyingly frustrating, you just have to think objectively, don’t assume the worst.
Firstly; get a life: you should not be this dependent on one person to validate your existence. Secondly; learn to communicate.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sounds like you aren't communicating how you're feeling clearly with him. Video call and tell him what you've told us, express your emotions to him. Then let him respond and you can have a conversation to work out a solution. It won't get better if you talk to other people instead of him.

yeah thanks :smile: true point
thank you so much! we've argued a couple of times but we always talk our way out. Sorry to ask but how do i bring the subject up and also what should i say? I really don't want to start something...

Just say something like "Hey, we haven't been talking as much recently. I don't want to start an argument but I wanted to know if anything was going on and if you need someone to talk to or some help?"
Being blunt in a nice way is usually the best way to go. Be polite but don't dance around the subject.
yeah thanks :smile: true point

I'm in a LDR too, so trust me when I say communication is the most important thing in your relationship.
Just say something like "Hey, we haven't been talking as much recently. I don't want to start an argument but I wanted to know if anything was going on and if you need someone to talk to or some help?"
Being blunt in a nice way is usually the best way to go. Be polite but don't dance around the subject.

Yeah thanks! i'll say that :smile: thank you so so much btw! i'll try and not carry the conversation again cause he's quite sort of sensitive
I'm in a LDR too, so trust me when I say communication is the most important thing in your relationship.

i'll definitely talk to him about this. I can agree with the communication! hahaha
Yeah thanks! i'll say that :smile: thank you so so much btw! i'll try and not carry the conversation again cause he's quite sort of sensitive

No problem! Hope this all goes well for you!
i'll definitely talk to him about this. I can agree with the communication! hahaha

Hope it works out!
No problem! Hope this all goes well for you!

Eek i hope so....i'll try and talk to him tomorrow about it if i can
Hope it works out!

ah god me too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending