The Student Room Group

Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

I only got a confirmation email - there wasn't any doc attached or anything :/ I'll email them at the end of the week.

Original post by harjotdhami
Yeah I got the email after 2 mins of booking the slot
Also, for anyone who has applied for both pc and td, if you pass both onto day 1 assessment, you only need to go to one of the dates as they consider you for both roles but in one assessment if that makes sense.
Reply 42
I'll offer up my assistance again. If anyone wants any help, guidance, pointers, questions asked, feedback.. I'm more than happy to give it. Just drop me a PM.

(I've been a DC for some time).
Hiya,I have my assessment day 1 next week. How long did it take for you to find out that you had been successful? How long after the first assessment did they book you in for the second assessment?Cheers
Reply 44
Hey all, I was wondering how long it takes to get the invite to the Day 1 assessment centre? I submitted my online application at the weekend. Thanks!
Reply 45
Original post by DCDCo
I'll offer up my assistance again. If anyone wants any help, guidance, pointers, questions asked, feedback.. I'm more than happy to give it. Just drop me a PM.

(I've been a DC for some time).

Hi

I've just been offered the tdc role with a start date of 28/1/19. Any tips for what I can do before starting training?

Also do you know if it is 20 weeks mon to Fri of training at Hendon?

Thanks
Original post by jenv
Hi

I've just been offered the tdc role with a start date of 28/1/19. Any tips for what I can do before starting training?

Thanks

Congrats!!

Can you give us an overview of time frames of things from day 1 assessment to knowing your start date? Also any tips of getting this far? :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by jenv
Hi

Thanks

Congrats!

Im unsure of what the Met training will entail, however, generally nothing needs to be done prior to joining. Arrive in good health and be ready to go!
Hi I have my TDC assement day 1 in May :smile: any tips for the interview would be great and a rough idea of what they ask etc?

Also am I right that if I pass this which is suppose to resemble the PC assessment day that they can offer me that if I didn’t get through on the 2nd assessments for DC?
Reply 49
Original post by jenv
Hi

Thanks

Congrats!
when did you apply for the role?
also, what was the detective assessment day like?
i applied for tdc in June and still waiting to do my health assessment and then the detective assessment
Reply 50
Original post by Appli12
Congrats!
i applied for tdc in June and still waiting to do my health assessment and then the detective assessment

Thanks!!!

I applied before the role opened in June.... So ages ago technically.

I'm sure they'll get to your application soon. Did you give recruitment a call? This can take a while.

Good luck!!
Reply 51
Original post by jenv
Thanks!!!

I applied before the role opened in June.... So ages ago technically.

I'm sure they'll get to your application soon. Did you give recruitment a call? This can take a while.

Good luck!!

I’ve done my Day One and verbal reasoning assessment. Got my health assessment in feb and when I’ve called recruitment and asked about the detective assessment (that was supposed to be ready in November) they say that they have experienced “severe” delays and hope it’ll be ready late February.

You applied before the role opened? How does that work? Did you apply for the last intake?
Reply 52
Original post by zoelaylee
Hi I have my TDC assement day 1 in May :smile: any tips for the interview would be great and a rough idea of what they ask etc?

Also am I right that if I pass this which is suppose to resemble the PC assessment day that they can offer me that if I didn’t get through on the 2nd assessments for DC?

Good luck!

Day one assessment for TDC and PC are exactly the same. You’ll do your assessment with PC applicants. And yes, if you pass your day one you’ll be offered the chance to join as a PC
Reply 53
Original post by Appli12
Congrats!

Are you really still waiting for your day 2?

I applied in December 2018, did my day one in the same month and I just did my day 2 and passed it on 8th of Jan.

Im surprised how long your process has been so far! Maybe you should call up. When I was joining my current force, I had to call so much to get updates and it helped progress my application a lot faster.
Reply 54
Original post by j4321j
Are you really still waiting for your day 2?

I applied in December 2018, did my day one in the same month and I just did my day 2 and passed it on 8th of Jan.

Im surprised how long your process has been so far! Maybe you should call up. When I was joining my current force, I had to call so much to get updates and it helped progress my application a lot faster.

Yeah I applied in June and didn’t do my Day One until October 🙄
Reply 55
I had no dates too when I looked on the booking tab. I had to call up and they said it kept glitching out for a lot of people and the dates weren’t showing up properly, the lady on the phone then booked me on an assessment which was 3 days away. Talk about last minute preparation!
Reply 56
My Day 3 isn’t booked yet, seems to be zero communication after the day 2. I’ve been waiting 3 weeks since attending and haven’t heard a thing. Vetting doesn’t get looked at until you hand forms in on your day 2. I wouldn’t worry about filling it out until you’re successful at day 1, which i’m sure you will be! Good Luck :smile:
kk
Reply 58
Hi,I've just been given a start date to commence my tdc training. Has anyone already started their training? If so, should I do any particular research/pre-reading? I have also heard that their will be an exam two weeks into the course, how challenging is this? Finally, what's your timetable like? And good luck to everyone else still going through the recruitment process.Thanks
Reply 59
Can I just ask when your start date is? what dates did you take your day 2 health assessment and day 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending