The Student Room Group

Topshop/Arcadia - Resignation and Notice Period?

Does anyone know what the notice period is for a Sales Assistant at Topshop or within the Arcadia group (e.g. Outfit, Miss Selfridge, Burton, Dorothy Perkins etc)

I have my contract but it doesn't state anything about this? Not sure if this makes a difference but I have been in the job less than 6 months.
I would imagine its just two weeks notice as you haven't been there that long. What is the hourly rate at Topshop? I've always been curious...
Original post by nicole0088
Does anyone know what the notice period is for a Sales Assistant at Topshop or within the Arcadia group (e.g. Outfit, Miss Selfridge, Burton, Dorothy Perkins etc)

I have my contract but it doesn't state anything about this? Not sure if this makes a difference but I have been in the job less than 6 months.

It would be up to 2 weeks notice. I used to work at Primark and New Look and they both expected 1 week notice if you've been there less than 6 months (in other words probationary period).
Reply 3
Original post by AlmondCookies:)
I would imagine its just two weeks notice as you haven't been there that long. What is the hourly rate at Topshop? I've always been curious...

Ok thank you! I think the pay can depend on the store and how successful it is but it’s around £7.60
Reply 4
Original post by BritishGirl
It would be up to 2 weeks notice. I used to work at Primark and New Look and they both expected 1 week notice if you've been there less than 6 months (in other words probationary period).

Ok thank you. I would’ve thought it would just be 1 week but not sure as it doesn’t say anywhere!
Original post by nicole0088
Ok thank you. I would’ve thought it would just be 1 week but not sure as it doesn’t say anywhere!

Just make a generic enquiry to the HR department if you're still unsure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending