The Student Room Group

my guy friend doesn't wanna hang out with me alone anymore

So my guy friend has just got a new gf and he said that it's not gonna change anything to do with our friendship but I said to him about us going on holiday together and he said that he wants to go with a group rather than just me ? and he wants me to meet her but I don't want to

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherlloydfan
So my guy friend has just got a new gf and he said that it's not gonna change anything to do with our friendship but I said to him about us going on holiday together and he said that he wants to go with a group rather than just me ? and he wants me to meet her but I don't want to

You should probably meet her.
why should I? I'm not happy about it tbh
do you like him?
Meet her show her there’s nothing to worry about and then things might go back to normal with you and your friend. I was in a similar situation once and as soon as I met my friends girlfriend and got to know her and she got to know me things went back to normal.
I mean you going on a holiday with him alone when he now has a gf is obviously going to look weird?? Why aren't you happy about their relationship if you've never met her, do you like him?
yes
nothings gonna happen with us though
Reply 8
Does he know that you like him?
no cos I rejected him when he wanted to be with me
Well then it's your own fault lmao, you can't suddenly be upset he's moved on

that's an oof but kinda your fault
Reply 12

then it loos like that's your bad.

and I can see why he doesn't want to go on holiday with your alone. It looks a bit dodgy and his gf may be feeling uncomfortable

Trust me i belive he is in newly love, and she has taken over him. This will not last any longer than 3 months, and he will be back again. i have been in the same situation just as you. The reason he wants you to meet her is because he wants to share an experience with you something new. But as you reject the meeting the door between you guys will be locked, and he will end up being with his girlfriend all the way through. Dont let him feel alone. even though its hard, you should be there anyway, he will pay you back one day. TRUST ME BUDDY
the reason y I rejected him is cos I want a platonic relationship but he wants sex so we can't be together
the reason y I rejected him is cos I want a platonic relationship but he wants sex so we can't be together

Have you told him that?
Reply 16
I honestly...
I will try to word this out in the nicest way
you rejected him due to him wanting sex and you didnt want that
first of all he is your friend he is in a relationship now he can no longer go on holiday with you on your ones no more or his girl will feel left out
Due to the fact that you have rejected him i think you should move on yourself and try to be happy with his relationship
thats all i can say
or speak to him about why you are not happy about it
but you have a low chance he will end the relationship with her just saying
yes he knows and accepted it that y he moved on
I don't expect him to end this relationship I'm just saying that I don't like the way things are now cos I used to see him and talk to him a lot
Reply 19
I don't expect him to end this relationship I'm just saying that I don't like the way things are now cos I used to see him and talk to him a lot

Well thats what happens when people move on with their lives
the big lesson you should learn is
to never stick with one person and jump from people to people get to know other people it will help
so if his relationship ends (God forbid that from happening) you can help him back up after his fall

Quick Reply

Latest