The Student Room Group

Am I too late for clearing?

Hello,

I hope this doesnt take too long to read, but I really hope someone can give me some advice.

Basically two years ago I applied through UCAS for the 4 year graduate entry medicine course and didnt get any offers or interviews. I was under the impression that med schools dont do clearing, and with the fresh defeat of applying to UNI, I didnt take it any further.

I have recently found out though that many universities do indeed do clearing for their medicine courses, most often the 5 year A100 course.

I have plans to sit my UKCAT exam in June this year again (as they only last a year).

I did not apply to any Unis for A100 this year but wonder if I can still register for UCAS with no choices, and then call up individual UNI's this AUG and say 'hey do you have any clearing spaces for medicine!?'. Is this an option???

Would it be possible to do my UKCAT in the summer and get into uni by SEPT with clearing, or will I really have needed to get my UKCAT done by the previous summer which I missed.

This system is very complex so hopefully someone can give me some tips.

If there is no options I will go the traditional way and still do my UKCAT and apply for 2020 entry.
Original post by Sainterr
Hello,

I hope this doesnt take too long to read, but I really hope someone can give me some advice.

Basically two years ago I applied through UCAS for the 4 year graduate entry medicine course and didnt get any offers or interviews. I was under the impression that med schools dont do clearing, and with the fresh defeat of applying to UNI, I didnt take it any further.

I have recently found out though that many universities do indeed do clearing for their medicine courses, most often the 5 year A100 course.

I have plans to sit my UKCAT exam in June this year again (as they only last a year).

I did not apply to any Unis for A100 this year but wonder if I can still register for UCAS with no choices, and then call up individual UNI's this AUG and say 'hey do you have any clearing spaces for medicine!?'. Is this an option???

Would it be possible to do my UKCAT in the summer and get into uni by SEPT with clearing, or will I really have needed to get my UKCAT done by the previous summer which I missed.

This system is very complex so hopefully someone can give me some tips.

If there is no options I will go the traditional way and still do my UKCAT and apply for 2020 entry.

That is an option but its generally only 2 universities that i ve ever seen in clearing for medicine so its a long shot and you should prepare yourself to be applying tor 2020 entry.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
That is an option but its generally only 2 universities that i ve ever seen in clearing for medicine so its a long shot and you should prepare yourself to be applying tor 2020 entry.

Thank you for your help. Do you know if UKCAT is required from July 2018 for med school clearing? or is it quite a flexible process where they may accept my 2017 results.

Quick Reply