The Student Room Group

Your experience with Adjustment?

So adjustment is when you’ve met and exceeded conditions for your firm choice, so you are given the opportunity to find a better course
This is like clearing, but for when it’s a pleasant surprise
You can do this in a window of time that opens on results day.
(Not all unis offer adjustment )

Can anyone share their experiences? I just find t interesting as due to a levels becoming linear, AS results are not available to unis. However this still means unis can fully take in your a level performance.
Can u also state which university you ended up at, predicated grades, actual grades, and GCSEs?
(edited 5 years ago)
There were 880 acceptances through Adjustment in 2018. Out of 533,360 total acceptances. 0.16%
Original post by PQ
There were 880 acceptances through Adjustment in 2018. Out of 533,360 total acceptances. 0.16%

Jesus Christ
Original post by PQ

Oh sh*t. I’m gonna probably sound dumb af, but does the same uni for the same course do both clearing and adjustment?
Original post by anonymous1231231
Oh sh*t. I’m gonna probably sound dumb af, but does the same uni for the same course do both clearing and adjustment?

If a uni is in clearing then it will offer adjustment; if a uni is in adjustment then it might not be in clearing.
Original post by rose.obrien
So adjustment is when you’ve met and exceeded conditions for your firm choice, so you are given the opportunity to find a better course
This is like clearing, but for when it’s a pleasant surprise
You can do this in a window of time that opens on results day.
(Not all unis offer adjustment )

Can anyone share their experiences? I just find t interesting as due to a levels becoming linear, AS results are not available to unis. However this still means unis can fully take in your a level performance.
Can u also state which university you ended up at, predicated grades, actual grades, and GCSEs?

Given the universities you are looking at are AAA or A*AA it is very unlikely that adjustment will apply to you for Law. If you were looking at AAB or ABB then wanted to use adjustment to AAA for law then you might find better universities available for Law.
Original post by swanseajack1
Given the universities you are looking at are AAA or A*AA it is very unlikely that adjustment will apply to you for Law. If you were looking at AAB or ABB then wanted to use adjustment to AAA for law then you might find better universities available for Law.

ahh okay. Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending